Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 07-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #101
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
What's funny is that 26% of Americans strongly approve of Trump's job performance and 49% of Americans strongly disapprove. This is from today's Rasmussen poll, which is Trump's favorite poll to tweet.

It's becoming increasingly evident that Trump's version of loyalty only applies in one direction.

Sessions was the first US Senator to endorse Trump, helping fuel Trump's victory over Cruz throughout most of the former Confederacy. No elected conservative has carried the banner against illegal immigration more than Sessions, and Trump leveraged this throughout his campaign. That Trump would publicly throw Sessions under the bus in what was a voluntary and completely unnecessary interview with the New York Times (a newspaper that Trump constantly bashes) demonstrates what a pathetic, self-obsessed, disloyal leader and boss Trump can be. Trump loves federal law enforcement and US intelligence when they are carrying his water. For that matter, he loves anyone when they are carrying his water. The minute they take a principled stance and put down the bucket, look out...

I'm sure it won't be long until Trump sits down for another voluntary and unnecessary interview with a liberal newspaper to stroke his own ego and pass the buck, except next time I hope he throws Scott Pruitt under the bus.
Now this is plain as day as fact based. Sorry guys he is truly his own worst enemy. ......over and over. I actually wish he gets it together. Not for party but for all of us. This is important stuff he is screwing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #102
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post

Even though President Donald Trump has seen his approval ratings drop to all-time lows, the commander in chief might relish the fact that Americans view him slightly better than his former Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

The former secretary of state notched a 39 percent favorable rating, 2 points lower than Trump, in Bloomberg’s National Poll results released Tuesday, the second-worst score for Clinton in the almost eight years the poll has followed her.

Boom!

Still better than Clinton
Okay ....a race to the bottom......gratefully she don't matter. Trump won....congrats. ....now get to the job you earned by beating a horrible canidate.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #103
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
The Rasmussen daily tracking poll has been debunked by who? You? Alex Jones? Certainly not by Trump...

"The new Rasmussen Poll, one of the most accurate in the 2016 Election, just out with a Trump 50% Approval Rating.That's higher than O's #'s!"
- Tweeted by Donald J. Trump on 6/18/17

The video below should be mandatory viewing for Trumpists. Maybe Tucker Carlson can talk some conservative sensibility into them...

Tucker to Trump: 'Lay Off Jeff Sessions - He's Your Friend'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/2...new-york-times
Noooooo.....folks gonna hate Tucker now.....lol.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #104
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
So then you're good with Trump in the White House.
I am. But I did not vote for either of them...lol. just get your promises done....get it done.....period!!

Old 07-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #105
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
They would rather Hillary be President so they can get up to their old games of pretending to be upset about a President vetoing legislation they never intended to pass. They are also egotistical and insulted that they have been rejected and that the country voted for not what they are in the presidential election. Its the same reason the Republican controlled house has unleashed Mueller and a hundred other Clinton lawyers on a an investigation void of facts or evidence. They want him gone. He will not get any real legislation passed, wont happen. The republican and democratic congress of simpatico, get rid of the outsider.
Truth sir... ..so how do we proceed?? Do we rant and rave on tbh and zero progress? Hillary loss thsnkfully.....now what?

Old 07-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #106
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Duh.....keep up now. He is my congressman.....i.e., my district is represented by him. Where did I endorse him? Nope...no irony just part of the equation.

Again. Not **** Sherlock! I knew exactly what you meant about your congressman. You obviously missed my point about the President trying to get things done with "weasels." Now, you keep up.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #107
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Again. Not **** Sherlock! I knew exactly what you meant about your congressman. You obviously missed my point about the President trying to get things done with "weasels." Now, you keep up.
Lol....far from what you implied but i will play along as that is light yeaes from the point. Now, Brady was tea party. ..... .so they duped us with weasels??? Thus the fix is in on you and me.....right? We are in the same boat......sorry just what we have. Its your turn Sherlock.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #108
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Truth sir... ..so how do we proceed?? Do we rant and rave on tbh and zero progress? Hillary loss thsnkfully.....now what?

Honestly?

They have amassed too much power. It wont change until their blood pours down the Capitol steps. Unless they all just decide to do the right thing one day But things will have to get much worse before that ever happens.
Attached Images

J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #109
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
..now get to the job you earned by beating a horrible canidate.
You know, Donnie beat a bunch of people that were not so horrible, during the republican race.

While the media is ranting and raving, I would bet that ol Donnie J has kept more campaign promises than BHO to date. Hence the current ranting and raving
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #110
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Honestly?

They have amassed too much power. It wont change until their blood pours down the Capitol steps. Unless they all just decide to do the right thing one day But things will have to get much worse before that ever happens.
I understand completely. I really rue that day , but 25 yeaes is my guess.
So, in the interim what are possible actions?

Old 07-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #111
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
I understand completely. I really rue that day , but 25 yeaes is my guess.
So, in the interim what are possible actions?

The two parties have it figured out too well. Most people will continue to vote for a Kevin Brady. We know he is a POS but better him than some democrat right? Both sides know this and exploit it, keep half the country at the other half's throats and vice versa. I have voted 3rd party against that man since me and him had a disagreement when I was a Federal Agent. He was a big fan of open borders and still probably is. He was informed of many illegal and corrupt going ons within CBP and chose to turn a blind eye after pretending to be upset. Same with Cornyn. Thankfully Kay Bailey Hutchinson did take action or I might not be here right now. She had IA agents down there so fast it wasn't even funny.

Term limits would fix almost everything but they will never vote themselves out of office. Organize and get them replaced by citizen statesmen who only intend to go in for a few years and clean house and then get out.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #112
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol....far from what you implied but i will play along as that is light yeaes from the point. Now, Brady was tea party. ..... .so they duped us with weasels??? Thus the fix is in on you and me.....right? We are in the same boat......sorry just what we have. Its your turn Sherlock.

Good lord! I implied nothing. You said "my guy". I merely quoted what you said. Nothing more. I never said y'all were bros, friends, lovers or anything else. I quoted you......nothing more nothing less. My point is, there are evidently a lot of congress members like "your guy", and the President has to attempt to get them to help him achieve his goals. Obviously, weasels can't be trusted. Your turn wind vane.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #113
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
You know, Donnie beat a bunch of people that were not so horrible, during the republican race.

While the media is ranting and raving, I would bet that ol Donnie J has kept more campaign promises than BHO to date. Hence the current ranting and raving
Again....BHO ancient history. I need President Trumps promises accomplished. (Taxes, healthcare, wars) Yes, I agree as canidate Trump virtually punked my choice Cruz in the race.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #114
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Again....BHO ancient history. I need President Trumps promises accomplished. (Taxes, healthcare, wars) Yes, I agree as canidate Trump virtually punked my choice Cruz in the race.

You gona give the man a chance to do so or just keep repeating the same ol BS time and time again?

Honestly how do you expect him to be able to accomplish these things with people fighting him every step of the way? Also what time frame would you like all this done?
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #115
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
You gona give the man a chance to do so or just keep repeating the same ol BS time and time again?

Honestly how do you expect him to be able to accomplish these things with people fighting him every step of the way? Also what time frame would you like all this done?
Lol! Crazy ain't it?
Old 07-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #116
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
BHO ancient history
You mean like he is completely out of the political picture? Not in the news at all? Rode off into the sunset like Bush.

This was from just yesterday -

Of the 860 rules or proposed rules that the Trump administration has killed, 179 came from what he called Mr. Obama’s “secret” list. As Trump aides combed through the books, they found pending proposals that included rules on hardwood plywood research and new requirements for contamination control in cattle slaughter operations......

During Mr. Trump’s first six months in office, he has eliminated 16 major regulations that had cost businesses at least $100 million per year each. He has introduced only one major regulation, pertaining to mercury in wastewater........

Federal agencies under Mr. Trump have withdrawn 469 proposed regulations from a report last fall under Mr. Obama. Another 391 proposed regulations have been delayed for further evaluation.

Trump officials said the Obama administration introduced rules in the last six months of 2016 that would have imposed $6.8 billion in annual costs on the economy, while the new rules during Mr. Trump’s first five months have imposed no costs.

Attached Images

batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #117
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
You mean like he is completely out of the political picture? Not in the news at all? Rode off into the sunset like Bush.

Of the 860 rules or proposed rules that the Trump administration has killed, 179 came from what he called Mr. Obama’s “secret” list. As Trump aides combed through the books, they found pending proposals that included rules on hardwood plywood research and new requirements for contamination control in cattle slaughter operations......

During Mr. Trump’s first six months in office, he has eliminated 16 major regulations that had cost businesses at least $100 million per year each. He has introduced only one major regulation, pertaining to mercury in wastewater........

Federal agencies under Mr. Trump have withdrawn 469 proposed regulations from a report last fall under Mr. Obama. Another 391 proposed regulations have been delayed for further evaluation.

Trump officials said the Obama administration introduced rules in the last six months of 2016 that would have imposed $6.8 billion in annual costs on the economy, while the new rules during Mr. Trump’s first five months have imposed no costs.

Please don't put facts in the mans face but but Trump has done NOTHING since he has been in office
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #118
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

BHO got the suck down
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #119
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
The two parties have it figured out too well. Most people will continue to vote for a Kevin Brady. We know he is a POS but better him than some democrat right? Both sides know this and exploit it, keep half the country at the other half's throats and vice versa. I have voted 3rd party against that man since me and him had a disagreement when I was a Federal Agent. He was a big fan of open borders and still probably is. He was informed of many illegal and corrupt going ons within CBP and chose to turn a blind eye after pretending to be upset. Same with Cornyn. Thankfully Kay Bailey Hutchinson did take action or I might not be here right now. She had IA agents down there so fast it wasn't even funny.

Term limits would fix almost everything but they will never vote themselves out of office. Organize and get them replaced by citizen statesmen who only intend to go in for a few years and clean house and then get out.
Ooooh, the sweet, sweet sound of term limits. This is my jam. You are correct, Sir. They will never vote themselves out so, why don't We the People? That was rhetorical and you and I know why. Cornyn is the majority whip in the Senate. You don't get that job unless you're a dirt-legged whore for the Party. Cornyn is the absolute worst politician for Texas. That says a lot with Joe Strauss at the helm. Cornyn's reach is far and wide.

I have never voted for Cornyn and never will. I just cannot. When he has gone unopposed, that box goes unchecked. We need to rid ourselves of the plague that is John Cornyn and do so soundly. No one believed his predecessor from Virginia (his name escapes me because he is so forgettable) could be beaten but he was run out of Washington on a rail. It will be up to us. Cornyn is too busy becoming filthy rich while standing on our shoulders.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #120
Tazman70
Four Point

Hunt In: Sheridan

The rats are jumping ship ...
Tazman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #121
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:

Lol....nope.....7 months was yesterday. That is what HE said. HE did not say give me a grace period, like any reasonable ideolog would require. HE said I can get it done easily and fast......I guarantee! !! (Over and over and over) Folks voted on that premise. 0-10 was the report on VICE news last night.....ouch! !! Lots of executive orders but that is not legislation .......just a band aid. Thank God i only expect 3 things from our president.....u know what that is......I do truly believe he can accomplish those things with some FOCUS!!!! I am held accountable everyday....as you are! Both houses are HIS.....get'er done as I truly support the platform he promised all of us.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #122
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Ooooh, the sweet, sweet sound of term limits. This is my jam. You are correct, Sir. They will never vote themselves out so, why don't We the People? That was rhetorical and you and I know why. Cornyn is the majority whip in the Senate.
Term limits don't address the issue. They simply cycle through crooked/incompetent politicians at a faster rate. Every election is an opportunity to kick out the bad ones. Term limits would also boot the good ones as well as the bad. Would you want to dump people like Sessions, Trey Goudy, Chuck Grassley, and Duncan Hunter just because their term is up?
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 05:35 PM   #123
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:

Did not read all that honestly on my cell. But the answer was NO......private citizen can do or say what they want, just like us on tbh!
I am talking about leading our country .....and world. I am sure you knew that.....however, Private citizen Obama ain't the final say on nada......OUR President is!!! Should he go away....certainly but that is his choice as a citizen. ....part of the freedom we have.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #124
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Please don't put facts in the mans face but but Trump has done NOTHING since he has been in office
Nothing legislative. .......we all can sign executive orders. Obama was a master of that. Oh, Carrier AC is moving 70% of there manufacturing even though our president gave them benefits and cash to stay.....ouch!!! Hopefully we put a tariff on them as that is corporate theft $!!!

Old 07-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #125
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ooooh, the sweet, sweet sound of term limits. This is my jam. You are correct, Sir. They will never vote themselves out so, why don't We the People? That was rhetorical and you and I know why. Cornyn is the majority whip in the Senate. You don't get that job unless you're a dirt-legged whore for the Party. Cornyn is the absolute worst politician for Texas. That says a lot with Joe Strauss at the helm. Cornyn's reach is far and wide.

I have never voted for Cornyn and never will. I just cannot. When he has gone unopposed, that box goes unchecked. We need to rid ourselves of the plague that is John Cornyn and do so soundly. No one believed his predecessor from Virginia (his name escapes me because he is so forgettable) could be beaten but he was run out of Washington on a rail. It will be up to us. Cornyn is too busy becoming filthy rich while standing on our shoulders.
I have preached term limits for 10 years.......it is something citizens can demand. But remember, folks say it ain't my congressman....or senator that is the problem!!!! absoulutely insane!!!

Old 07-21-2017, 05:45 PM   #126
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Term limits don't address the issue. They simply cycle through crooked/incompetent politicians at a faster rate. Every election is an opportunity to kick out the bad ones. Term limits would also boot the good ones as well as the bad. Would you want to dump people like Sessions, Trey Goudy, Chuck Grassley, and Duncan Hunter just because their term is up?
Yes.....get a daggum JOB!!!! Just like colonial times go home and be a common citizen and be productive. They go to DC a $44,000 per year starving lawyer and retire a multi millionaire. ........hummm......something wrong with that picture!!#

Old 07-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #127
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep, term limits for ALL. Most politicians start out with good intentions. But you know what they say, "Power Corrupts". They get all this power and then their job becomes keeping their job...forever. How many congressman to you see retire before they are 70?

At least with term limits they would have a limited amount of time and would be more worried about doing what is right for the country instead of getting re-elected. Just my 2 cents.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #128
Charles
Pope & Young

Don't they continue to get paid once they leave office?

One caveat to term limits: Once your term is up it's up. Absolutely no lobbying. I saw a report that a couple of Obama peeps they were part of the ACA now work for big medical earning a couple million dollars a year salary.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #129
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Yep, term limits for ALL. Most politicians start out with good intentions. But you know what they say, "Power Corrupts". They get all this power and then their job becomes keeping their job...forever. How many congressman to you see retire before they are 70?

At least with term limits they would have a limited amount of time and would be more worried about doing what is right for the country instead of getting re-elected. Just my 2 cents.
If they aren't serving their constituency, then their constituency can and should vote them out. If the average politician is in his last term, then he has no check on bad behavior. He's got nothing to lose because he's not subject to reelection. You think its bad now?? Wait until you get a bunch of crooked term-limited pols who DGAS. Case in point: Obama's list of pardons and commutations in his last week in office.

You guys chirping about term limits haven't considered all the ramifications of how this will change behaviors in elected officials. As I said before, term limits are a band-aid at best and don't address the issue of bad politicians. It might even make it worse as those going into elected office know beforehand they can leverage their time in office to self-serve their interests after their term is up... sooner rather than later.

I hate the likes of Maxine Waters, John Cornyn, and others as much as anyone, but term limits aren't the solution.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #130
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
If they aren't serving their constituency, then their constituency can and should vote them out. If the average politician is in his last term, then he has no check on bad behavior. He's got nothing to lose because he's not subject to reelection. You think its bad now?? Wait until you get a bunch of crooked term-limited pols who DGAS. Case in point: Obama's list of pardons and commutations in his last week in office.

You guys chirping about term limits haven't considered all the ramifications of how this will change behaviors in elected officials. As I said before, term limits are a band-aid at best and don't address the issue of bad politicians. It might even make it worse as those going into elected office know beforehand they can leverage their time in office to self-serve their interests after their term is up... sooner rather than later.

I hate the likes of Maxine Waters, John Cornyn, and others as much as anyone, but term limits aren't the solution.
You have some valid points to consider. But no system is perfect and especially not the one we have now. I believe that with term limits politicians would have more incentive to serve the people and address the important issues that are politically "off limits" to seriously address at this point in time. Such as social security, welfare, real immigration reform, etc.... These cans just get kicked down the road and nobody wants to make any tough decisions. Term limits would improve this. Not saying it would be perfect but I think it would be much better.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 10:55 PM   #131
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:

Yes, I still agree. While I would hate to see Cruz, Paul, Lee, Gomert leave office but it is best for the Country. The reason: The names listed are such the minority, it would be best in the long run. It would limit the relationships these guys are able to build while in D.C. We have NO IDEA what goes on behind the scenes. They could all be on the take for all we know. There is no reason in the World that Ted Kennedy was in the Senate for 40+ years. NONE. He needed to go as well as McCain, Snow, Durbin, Schumer, etc. Losing the many that do damage is far more beneficial than losing the angst of losing the few that do well. Let's be honest, the ones we all like are essentially just chop blocking both sides. They are really just treading water because they're outnumbered. I like Charles' caveat of no lobbying after their term is up. Bye Bye means just that.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 07-21-2017 at 10:57 PM..
Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 PM   #132
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
If they aren't serving their constituency, then their constituency can and should vote them out. if the average politician is in his last term, then he has no check on bad behavior.IHe's got nothing to lose because he's not subject to reelection. You think its bad now?? Wait until you get a bunch of crooked term-limited pols who DGAS. Case in point: Obama's list of pardons and commutations in his last week in office.

There is no check for some of these guys regardless in many, many districts...term limits fixes the stupid voter. If it is good enough and accepted for potus, then it is good for EVERY ELECTED official!! Public service should not be a career.

There is absolutely NO REASON on the planet to NOT consider term limits for congress & senate...let them give us their best shot & never return. Good riddance. Maybe if this was in place it would encourage those who WANT to make a difference in their time.

My angle is simply why not consider it since we have a total history of lifetime politicians failing us, making laws they do not have to adhere, lifetime retirement, etc. The only way these power hungry weasels will disperse is to limit their time at the public trough.

Sorry friend, but limits is a step in the right direction & very much worth considering!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #133
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
I like Charles' caveat of no lobbying after their term is up. Bye Bye means just that.
It's basically impossible to stop someone from being a lobbyist after they leave office. They just give them a title of something like "senior adviser" or "consultant". And if they just so happen to run into a politician on the hill and strike up a conversation about a certain bill, well that's not really lobbying, right?

It's all a big joke.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #134
SMC
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Looking for a place

And meanwhile sessions discussed campaign with Russians and jr refused to testify in public as the said he would.
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #135
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
and meanwhile sessions discussed campaign with russians and jr refused to testify in public as the said he would.
Name:  Screenshot_2017-07-22-06-31-30~2.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  35.4 KB
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #136
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Reagan said it best. Politics is the second oldest profession in the world. It also bears a strong resemblance to the oldest.
I just wish wish there was some way for them to be held accountable and pay a huge penalty for their wrong doings. Prison is too good for some of them. But, since they are the ones making the laws what are we going to do?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #137
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
It's basically impossible to stop someone from being a lobbyist after they leave office. They just give them a title of something like "senior adviser" or "consultant". And if they just so happen to run into a politician on the hill and strike up a conversation about a certain bill, well that's not really lobbying, right?

It's all a big joke.
You are correct. It IS a joke but the only ones laughing are in D.C. There are legal penalties for "insider trading". Albeit, some are less susceptible than others but that is the point. A well defined set of guidelines of "don'ts" with punitive jail terms is a start. A conversation has hung many a murderer. If accepting or headhunting a lobbyist were punishable, some may think twice. If lobbying via former elected Representative becomes a crime, perhaps it will slow the roll of some of these guys. The IRS and LE dig in our (the citizenry) personal finances should we cross the no-no line. As citizens, they squeeze us and regulate us 'til we pop. Why not return the favor?

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 07-22-2017 at 09:28 AM..
Old 07-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #138
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
There is no check for some of these guys regardless in many, many districts...term limits fixes the stupid voter. If it is good enough and accepted for potus, then it is good for EVERY ELECTED official!! Public service should not be a career.

There is absolutely NO REASON on the planet to NOT consider term limits for congress & senate...let them give us their best shot & never return. Good riddance. Maybe if this was in place it would encourage those who WANT to make a difference in their time.

My angle is simply why not consider it since we have a total history of lifetime politicians failing us, making laws they do not have to adhere, lifetime retirement, etc. The only way these power hungry weasels will disperse is to limit their time at the public trough.

Sorry friend, but limits is a step in the right direction & very much worth considering!!

Absolutely agree. The problem with not having term limits is "my guy is great, it's the other guy that's the problem".

There is NO REASON these guys should go to Washington as semi regular citizens and become millionaires while in office with a $175k per year salary. That alone shows the long term corruption and why they need to be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #139
psicoo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hardeman County(Quanah, TX), Tom Green County(Eden, TX), Grenada & Fayetteville, MS., Russell, KS.

psicoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2017, 04:26 AM   #140
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicoo View Post

The best deals
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #141
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Go trump!! Boy howdy does it feel so dang good to feel like an American again.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #142
Tbar
Ten Point

He was elected because he was an outsider.

You know, America First, Bring Jobs Back to America, Drain The Swamp, End Obamacare, End Illegal Immigration, etal.

When both parties are pizzed at him you know he is doing something right. Just think how much he could have accomplished if the Republican party hadn't followed the Dems in their march to the left.

I never do bumper stickers but for the '18 election I want one that says "Anybody But The Incumbent!"
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #143
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post

You know, America First, Bring Jobs Back to America, Drain The Swamp, End Obamacare, End Illegal Immigration, etal.

When both parties are pizzed at him you know he is doing something right. Just think how much he could have accomplished if the Republican party hadn't followed the Dems in their march to the left.

I never do bumper stickers but for the '18 election I want one that says "Anybody But The Incumbent!"
Old 07-25-2017, 04:35 AM   #144
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post

Ok
So let the country be vectored for the next 3 to 7 years while trump and y'all have fun pizzin off ppl
Then when that time is up things will move REALLY fast I warp speed to the left just to make up for lost time

That's a horrible strategy you have
It won't produce lasting benefits
Unlike Obamacare
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #145
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Ok
So let the country be vectored for the next 3 to 7 years while trump and y'all have fun pizzin off ppl
Then when that time is up things will move REALLY fast I warp speed to the left just to make up for lost time

That's a horrible strategy you have
It won't produce lasting benefits
Unlike Obamacare
Your LDS is really kickin in today.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #146
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
I don't think Sessions is "unfit", but Trump is correct about this. If you hire someone at your company, and they do something you think is wrong/not appropriate/etc. , do you not call them out? I really don't see a problem here.

It's funny, the only people who think of all this crap is "drama" are his haters, the media, and all of the people in politics who need to go.

Meanwhile. This kind of stuff is exactly what his voters wanted. The last Administration had AG's that were literally running crime rackets from their office, and all the President did was praise them, seal documents and protect them.
I don't see how having a President call out what he believes (many believe) to be a mistake in his own administration is a bad thing.

I would say this is him being honest, but maybe that last "most transparent administration in history" has my judgment of honesty in the White House skewed.
Quote:

“Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

Really? Are we reading the same quotes?

I agree with Clay. Some people need a safe space and play dough.
Easy fellas, yall are making too much since..
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #147
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

If Trump would stop freaking out in childish Twitter rants about things that don't matter at all, he'd have a lot fewer enemies on the (R) side. He's so narcissistic in his obsessive need to be worshipped that he can't stay focused on what actually matters. Throwing his first and biggest loyalist (Sessions) under the bus in such a childish way lately is ruining his chances of getting anybody else to be loyal to him. Sessions gave up everything to help Trump get elected, and now look what it's gotten him. Trump is trashing Sessions for being weak on Hillary AFTER Trump already said that he didn't want to prosecute Hillary after all - which was after a campaign promise to lock her up.

Which version of Trump is a guy supposed to be loyal to? And how is a guy supposed to know when it's time to switch and be loyal to the other version of Trump?

Tillerson is now talking about resigning soon, and I'm sure most people who would be really good to have in cabinet positions are going to be less and less inclined to sign up to work in that crazy environment.

Gorsuch was a huge win. Props to Trump for that. But he's shot himself in the foot on every other promise. Yes, there are RINOs in Congress that are huge obstacles. But the way Trump has handled the Obamacare issue has made it worse. He campaigned on repealing Obamacare, but replacing it with something that was essentially the same thing. He worked with Paul Ryan and the RINOs to do just that at first. He demonized the conservatives who actually wanted to repeal Obamacare and get away from a big government health insurance system. Now he's tweeting about how we need to do exactly what the conservatives wanted to do all along and repeal Obamacare and then work on the replacement after that. It's no wonder the Republicans in Congress are in such disarray. It's impossible to keep up with which way is the leadership wind is blowing from day to day.

And what about all the regulations that we're supposed to be getting rid of that could be done through executive orders and government agencies in the Executive Branch simply changing them? NOTHING being done. Most of the agencies are still staffed with Obama era people, because the White House won't approve anybody for appointment to those positions unless they feel like the person being nominated is a big enough Trump worshipper. So the result is that Obama's people continue to either run most things or remain in positions that allow them to keep any change from being implemented.

All the craziness and obsession over things that don't matter is frustrating. We need some action and leadership and consistency and focus.
Shane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #148
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Trump has become a master of the media by leap frogging over the MSM fake news and Fox as well by using Twitter. Is it irritating? Yes, in a way. But at least we get the original version of what he says/thinks and not some pundit's twisted opinion version.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #149
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Trump has become a master of the media by leap frogging over the MSM fake news and Fox as well by using Twitter. Is it irritating? Yes, in a way. But at least we get the original version of what he says/thinks and not some pundit's twisted opinion version.
That would really be great, IF he would be consistent and if he would focus on and tweet about things that actually matter. But every time he chases some stupid rabbit out of his narcissism and gets sidetracked from actually getting something done, it just gives the media more ammo to fire back at him 100 times over.
Shane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #150
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
If Trump would stop freaking out in childish Twitter rants about things that don't matter at all, he'd have a lot fewer enemies on the (R) side. He's so narcissistic in his obsessive need to be worshipped that he can't stay focused on what actually matters. Throwing his first and biggest loyalist (Sessions) under the bus in such a childish way lately is ruining his chances of getting anybody else to be loyal to him. Sessions gave up everything to help Trump get elected, and now look what it's gotten him. Trump is trashing Sessions for being weak on Hillary AFTER Trump already said that he didn't want to prosecute Hillary after all - which was after a campaign promise to lock her up.

Which version of Trump is a guy supposed to be loyal to? And how is a guy supposed to know when it's time to switch and be loyal to the other version of Trump?

Tillerson is now talking about resigning soon, and I'm sure most people who would be really good to have in cabinet positions are going to be less and less inclined to sign up to work in that crazy environment.

Gorsuch was a huge win. Props to Trump for that. But he's shot himself in the foot on every other promise. Yes, there are RINOs in Congress that are huge obstacles. But the way Trump has handled the Obamacare issue has made it worse. He campaigned on repealing Obamacare, but replacing it with something that was essentially the same thing. He worked with Paul Ryan and the RINOs to do just that at first. He demonized the conservatives who actually wanted to repeal Obamacare and get away from a big government health insurance system. Now he's tweeting about how we need to do exactly what the conservatives wanted to do all along and repeal Obamacare and then work on the replacement after that. It's no wonder the Republicans in Congress are in such disarray. It's impossible to keep up with which way is the leadership wind is blowing from day to day.

And what about all the regulations that we're supposed to be getting rid of that could be done through executive orders and government agencies in the Executive Branch simply changing them? NOTHING being done. Most of the agencies are still staffed with Obama era people, because the White House won't approve anybody for appointment to those positions unless they feel like the person being nominated is a big enough Trump worshipper. So the result is that Obama's people continue to either run most things or remain in positions that allow them to keep any change from being implemented.

All the craziness and obsession over things that don't matter is frustrating. We need some action and leadership and consistency and focus.
Trump should be running all over capitol hill bullying, threatening, and cajoling the hell out of congress to fix healthcare. He bragged about being the worlds greatest deal maker, but I've yet to see it.

If they fail to get ANY healthcare bill through, he'll have lost all his momentum already.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top