Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
Timemachine
Eight Point

Hunt In: SE & SW Texas
Default " 2nd Drawing Pending"

I think that these come from people not purchasing their permit, whether they changed their mind or forgot or what ever. That said, knowing that Aug 11 was the deadline for purchasing the permits that were drawn for the August 1 deadlines, I eagerly logged in this morning to find great news.

I got drawn for J.D. Murphee Alligator hunt. My hunt days are Sept 12-13. My 16 year old son and I will be there. We will be a little limited on access cause my boat is an aluminum 19 footer and cannot be rolled over the levee rollers. But there are lots of areas that we can get too. This is our second hunt. Last year we got the Youth hunt at Steinhagen and while we did not get anything, we did learn a heck of a lot.

My boat has plenty of room and we would be interested in teaming up with another father son that has a smaller boat. That kind of team would have lots of advantages. We have all the archery, snares, snag line, harpoons etc that we need. Small boat for access, big boat the stack up a few 9 footers.
Timemachine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #2
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Kinney Counties

Congrats!! Me and my wife were drawn for JD on the second draw. We'll be there 9/14-15.
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
DoubleGProstaff
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Love hunting JD, I have never been selected when it has gone to pending second draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoubleGProstaff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
SCREAMINREELS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

Congrats I got drawn on 2nd draw as well I'm going to pm you if you don't mind about your set ups as ive never hunted a gator.. been reading about it on and off all day
SCREAMINREELS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top