Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #101
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
You're smarter than this Shane.
That case was not about health insurance and you know it.
The parents had the money to seek treatment elsewhere but the govt said the boy was too sick to travel.

I've already linked a similar case in the USA from 3years ago
too sick to travel??? again; this should not have been the govt. call
if you were lets say, in Africa and you came down with some heebeejeebee disease and needed to get back to the states for treatment would you want to hear the govt. say you were to sick to travel, so you get to stay where you're at and die there?
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:00 PM   #102
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
too sick to travel??? again; this should not have been the govt. call
if you were lets say, in Africa and you came down with some heebeejeebee disease and needed to get back to the states for treatment would you want to hear the govt. say you were to sick to travel, so you get to stay where you're at and die there?
Ebola??? They don't allow everybody to come back.
Remember the woman that was quarantined and also Chris Christie was banning folks from Ebola countries to land in Jersey.

You don't remember this?
If you were in an Ebola country you weren't allowed on planes bound for the USA.
Obama did that.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #103
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
too sick to travel??? again; this should not have been the govt. call
if you were lets say, in Africa and you came down with some heebeejeebee disease and needed to get back to the states for treatment would you want to hear the govt. say you were to sick to travel, so you get to stay where you're at and die there?
Do you recall the Terry Schiavo case???
That's govt interfering in ppls lives
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #104
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
And you want the governments who wrote those kids off as a lost cause to be in charge of health care.
You have idea how much the govt is already in control of your health.
You just THINK you have control.
You don't.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #105
Darton
Ten Point
 
Darton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Eufaula, OK
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

John McCain

Nice guy

War Hero cause his father was an Navy Admiral

If his name was Joe Smith he would have been just another guy

I went to SERE level C high risk school as a Green Beret trainee and you can't come out of 5 and 1/2 years as a POW and function normally.

Is old and has numerous health issues one that may affect his cognitive ability as of recent.

He is the foundation of the establishment and with he and his friend Lindsey Graham of SC it shows how being in the land of OZ can change you!

I have a life long friend that works in DC and he says, " it is 8 square miles surrounded by reality."
Darton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #106
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

These are the facts of this thread:

1. Driving is a privilege
2. Health care is not a RIGHT
3 The Constitution explains all
4. Terry Schaivo's family paid for her care
5. John McCain is of diminished capacity
6. Despite SCOTUS, the ACA is unconstitutional
7. If you choose to pay more taxes for others' health care, you are free to. Write a check to the U.S. Treasury and leave me the hell alone.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 07-28-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #107
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Why are you all letting these guys troll You?
They either don't believe a word of the dumb **** they are posting or they do...either way, they aren't worth the effort of a response.
List worthy first rounders.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:50 PM   #108
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Why are you all letting these guys troll You?
They either don't believe a word of the dumb **** they are posting or they do...either way, they aren't worth the effort of a response.
List worthy first rounders.

I'm in Houston traffic and I'm bored.

Normally, this conversation would make me want to defecate in my hand and rub it in my hair.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #109
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Ok. I laughed... loudly.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #110
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Ebola??? They don't allow everybody to come back.
Remember the woman that was quarantined and also Chris Christie was banning folks from Ebola countries to land in Jersey.

You don't remember this?
If you were in an Ebola country you weren't allowed on planes bound for the USA.
Obama did that.
the ebola thing was for the SAFETY of the rest of the country, not because they were 'too sick to travel'
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #111
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Do you recall the Terry Schiavo case???
That's govt interfering in ppls lives
I didn't say it N E VE R happens here, but I sure don't happen on a daily basis; at least not yet.
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #112
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Single payer won't work here, like it might somewhere else, due to how lopsided our workforce is. there's simply too many people NOT working for us to be able to make it work. Period. Comparing it working here as opposed to ANY other country is apples & oranges & a moot point that's a waste of time.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #113
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
LoL
How many physicians work at the VA?
How many in the military?
LoL
How many doctors work at county hospitals?
Prisons?
Judging by just the wait times at the VA, it appears that not enough doctors want to work there. Which proves my point.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #114
SMC
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Looking for a place
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I'm in Houston traffic and I'm bored.

Normally, this conversation would make me want to defecate in my hand and rub it in my hair.
Wow!!! No conversation I've ever had in my entire life has ever made me want to do that.
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #115
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
Wow!!! No conversation I've ever had in my entire life has ever made me want to do that.
Read what you post. You will.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #116
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
You're smarter than this Shane.
That case was not about health insurance and you know it.
The parents had the money to seek treatment elsewhere but the govt said the boy was too sick to travel.

I've already linked a similar case in the USA from 3years ago
Did you link the story about the girl who was taken to a hospital in Boston and the state took control of her health care decisions away from her parents, which resulted in a months-long downward spiral in her health? And you're trying to use that as an argument in favor of having government-controlled health care? And you're trying to say that was different than how the government in England took Charlie Gard's parents' right to make decisions for THEIR child away from them?

Government should NOT be in control of anybody's health care. That's the point.

Last edited by Shane; 07-28-2017 at 11:01 PM..
Shane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 11:40 PM   #117
OldRiverRat
Ten Point
 
OldRiverRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deer Park, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
Wow!!! No conversation I've ever had in my entire life has ever made me want to do that.


I have worked for several foreign owned companies and I've traveled extensively around the world and to think that single payer is the answer just shows your intellect. I currently work for the Norwegians, a quasi socialist country. They have government run health "insurance", it's awesome everyone has insurance but the actual health care part is not very convenient nor readily available. The only reason they can afford it is because of the oil fields in the North Sea which by the way are not paying very well these days so the demise of the system is now exposed, Especially after years of open borders which they are now also trying to stem, if not reverse the tide all together on. Sound familiar? It's so ridiculous when I hear people say they were in a foreign country and they had Some emergency procedure and it was free, nothing is free, it was subsidized by something or Someone.

The government is not the answer to anything other than national defense!

It's to all utopia until you run out of other people's money.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #118
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Shane...the guy pays his bills because of Obamacare & attempts to use public education as an argument of some sort of equal morbid / superior moral justification & these somehow being on the same equal level?? If you are for one and against another, you are labeled a hypocrite when they actually have no similarities other than collecting mandated taxes from the public. He will absolutely never get how absurd allowing govt control over out health care is not a good thing until he personally experiences what other countries have gone through & actually reaching the conclusion we know will most certainly come if it is not defeated / amended. By that time it is too late.

You are going to get strung along with deviant angles that go nowhere, while your articulate & accurate responses will go unanswered or misdirected into something that has no bearing to your point to avoid the obvious...it's like listening to Chuck Schumer address the greatness of our 2nd amendment & the insight of our forefathers while he's vigilantly working towards making their possession illegal for the public. He is brilliant at making his angle look like the poster boy for this caring govt utopia using emotion / examples that appear to fit in the warped puzzle.

Only way to support govt controlled health care is by Either being on the payroll / capitalizing off it's travesty or one has actually fallen for the rainbow & unicorn dream that govt is genuinely serving / has the public's interests at heart & can do better than the private sector / freedom for the people to choose within a competitive market.

In short, socialism is the answer...but being plain spoken & honest doesn't work to well & achieve that end game of a losing argument with free men who have clarity & understand under no circumstances that we cannot trust our govt to have their tentacles in something so personal. Healthcare needs to be addressed, but allowing the govt to be in such vast control to this point of forcing the private sector out of the market is simply treading on our liberty.

It needs to be repealed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Did you link the story about the girl who was taken to a hospital in Boston and the state took control of her health care decisions away from her parents, which resulted in a months-long downward spiral in her health? And you're trying to use that as an argument in favor of having government-controlled health care? And you're trying to say that was different than how the government in England took Charlie Gard's parents' right to make decisions for THEIR child away from them?

Government should NOT be in control of anybody's health care. That's the point.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2017, 12:06 AM   #119
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Shane...the guy pays his bills because of Obamacare & attempts to use public education as an argument of some sort of equal morbid / superior moral justification & these somehow being on the same equal level?? If you are for one and against another, you are labeled a hypocrite when they actually have no similarities other than collecting mandated taxes from the public. He will absolutely never get how absurd allowing govt control over out health care is not a good thing until he personally experiences what other countries have gone through & actually reaching the conclusion we know will most certainly come if it is not defeated / amended. By that time it is too late.

You are going to get strung along with deviant angles that go nowhere, while your articulate & accurate responses will go unanswered or misdirected into something that has no bearing to your point to avoid the obvious...it's like listening to Chuck Schumer address the greatness of our 2nd amendment & the insight of our forefathers while he's vigilantly working towards making their possession illegal for the public. He is brilliant at making his angle look like the poster boy for this caring govt utopia using emotion / examples that appear to fit in the warped puzzle.

Only way to support govt controlled health care is by Either being on the payroll / capitalizing off it's travesty or one has actually fallen for the rainbow & unicorn dream that govt is genuinely serving / has the public's interests at heart & can do better than the private sector / freedom for the people to choose within a competitive market.

In short, socialism is the answer...but being plain spoken & honest doesn't work to well & achieve that end game of a losing argument with free men who have clarity & understand under no circumstances that we cannot trust our govt to have their tentacles in something so personal. Healthcare needs to be addressed, but allowing the govt to be in such vast control to this point of forcing the private sector out of the market is simply treading on our liberty.

It needs to be repealed.
Did you know I get paid to give the CBO that number that says 28 million will be without insurance under trumps plan our trumps plan will save America $XX billion over the next decade

Obamacare doesn't pay my bills.
Anything with a number associated with it pays my bills.
The same estimates for Obamacare I've done for/with geoscientists.

A mean is a mean no matter what you want the average of. Right?
I get paid to give ppl averages.
But now people want to know WHY their average is what it is and how can they move that average up (points scored in a Texans game) or down (number of comorbidities for this new drug they've developed)

Obamacare is not going to be repealed before 2022 and by that time we'll be too entrenched in it so the fate would be sealed.

Get used to it
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2017, 12:10 AM   #120
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Judging by just the wait times at the VA, it appears that not enough doctors want to work there. Which proves my point.
So the physicians are in charge of scheduling too???

Caveat emptor: I once did a 3 year project at the VA incahoots with NHANES

See. I don't get paid from Obamacare. LoL
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #121
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default

CNN , MSNBC and all the other liberal hacks are declaring McCain a true patriot and all want to give him a mouth hug!

Speaks volumes!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #122
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

McCain's mental health needs to be examined (along with Pelosi and a few of the other older politicians ). Im not sure they are still of the right mind to make laws, decisions, and declare war.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com