Cigars and Customs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigars and Customs??

So we are leaving for South Africa this Saturday. I thought about taking our guide a box of cigars (Romeo and Julieta) I heard this is what he likes. Anyway I have never brought anything through customs when traveling in the past. Anyone knows if I must declare these or if there will be any issues arise?

I am already nervous about my broad heads and Amsterdam (see other thread)

I have brought cigars into the US with no issues but never out. Would you be able to wait and get them once your overseas, plus you can get cubans there not the dominican line sold here

Comment

I used to be CBP. You cant have em if theyre cuban though most agents at primary dont care about em. Take them out the box and remove the rings. Put that in your wifes bag and put the cigars in yours. With no rings on the cigars they cant be classified as OFAC seizable. Office of foreign asset control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you can bring 20 cigars into the country duty free. I do not have a clue on how many come in a box.

Comment

You dont have to declare anything outbound except bulk cash. If theyre not cuban than zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
            So we are leaving for South Africa this Saturday. I thought about taking our guide a box of cigars (Romeo and Julieta) I heard this is what he likes. Anyway I have never brought anything through customs when traveling in the past. Anyone knows if I must declare these or if there will be any issues arise?

I am already nervous about my broad heads and Amsterdam (see other thread)
            Again, just pack them in your checked luggage as your cigars, not a gift.

Comment

Working...
            X