Purchasing commercial vehicle questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing commercial vehicle questions

We're a family of 10 (8 kids) and we looked at a Sprinter over the weekend, it's 15 passenger. I went my normal credit route and was told I'll have to call back on Monday because the vehicle is a commercial vehicle and speak with their commercial loan dept.

I've talked to my insurance guy (shout out to Jerry Worley on here) he ran some numbers for me on Saturday and ins. costs will go up at least a little bit, will know more tomorrow.

My question for y'all is what all is involved with purchasing a commercial vehicle as an individual. Any of y'all done something like this before? TIA

Now would be an even better time for some Profalactics. Just for the vehicle savings

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
      Now would be an even better time for some Profalactics. Just for the vehicle savings
      Only have three bio. We've adopted/are fostering the rest. I've been fixed for years.

Comment

Its been awhile for me but I bought a new dodge flatbed back in 04. I had to sign some paperwork stating it was not for commercial use and it was for personal use. I don't remember all the details as that was along time ago and I have a problem remembering yesterday. I did run into the "its a commercial vehicle" when pricing a new F-250 flatbed XL from Blue Bonnet Ford in NB. It was a Saturday and they had one online I wanted. The salesman I spoke to said they could not sell it because it was considered Commercial? I don't know why and I did not buy from them since commercial department was open M-F, same schedule I work. I am curious what you find out in your deal

Comment

I’m curious what make that particular vehicle commercial.

Comment

I don’t know what engine the sprinter you are looking at has, but we had 2 at work with the blue tech diesel or something of that nature and they were POS. Always broke down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might have to do with GVWR.

Comment

Should just have to sign forms that it is for personal use only. My dad just bought a Peterbilt as a personal vehicle to pull his travel trailer. Knowing him it could not have been to much of a problem or he would have told them to shove it.

But I would be careful buying a Sprinter van. Not the very dependable for us here at work but we no longer have one.

Comment

Look at used short buses.

Comment

We’d pretty much given up on getting the vehicle my wife wanted but this past Thursday after getting told no and “it’s a commercial vehicle” a lot, I reached out to USAA who simply asked “are you using it for commercial or personal use” and then they did the loan.

Jerry Worley on here was awesome, he handled all the ins. search for us and actually ended up saving us money on our current policy, now I’ve got a refund check coming from Progressive. He’s good people.

It was a bittersweet moment trading in my truck but, I actually like driving the Nissan van and it’ll be fun to set up the way I want it. The Sprinter is my wife’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you’re already fixed, if not you’d have to do that ASAP, since your daily driving a van

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                        Glad you’re already fixed, if not you’d have to do that ASAP, since your daily driving a van
                        Shut up!

Give me some time, it'll look cool

Comment

Working...
                        X