No announcement yet.

School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ppl keep shooting kids and the gun control narrative will gain traction. I’m not convinced there’s not more scenarios behind the scenes play out than ppl realize pushing for gun control. They need to arm staff and put an end to it.
    Last edited by SolocamShooter; 02-15-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

This conversation isn't going anywhere. Even amongst mostly like minded people that are on this site. It's no wonder nothing will happen.

Jealous teacher shooting student is a ridiculous scenario and could happen now. Poorly trained teach hitting a few students amongst a fire fight, probably a net gain. We'd rather watch them get drug off one by one than risk a good person making a mistake. If ten times a year someone stopped something like this with a **** up 7 kids would still be alive. We'd never sacrifice one to save ten though.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
        If we make schools safe without affecting the underlying issues the shooters will go elsewhere. A mall, office building, Walmart, etc...

If we ban guns then they will turn to other measures. By my work on any given day I could run over 20/30 bicyclist and kill many of them.
        Banning all guns is not the answer.
        Neither is making every school and shopping mall an armed prison and turning this country into a police state

Comment

Quite a few good points have been brung up, and with those come negatives, armed guards could be a good solution. There is one downfall though and that is that they would go haywire, and they commit the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
            This conversation isn't going anywhere. Even amongst mostly like minded people that are on this site. It's no wonder nothing will happen.

Jealous teacher shooting student is a ridiculous scenario and could happen now. Poorly trained teach hitting a few students amongst a fire fight, probably a net gain. We'd rather watch them get drug off one by one than risk a good person making a mistake. If ten times a year someone stopped something like this with a **** up 7 kids would still be alive. We'd never sacrifice one to save ten though.
            You serious?
            You'd want to sacrifice your kid to an errant bullet from an undertrained 8th grade History teacher instead of trying some other method 1st?

I'm going to roll the dice and keep my kid alive.

Comment

Originally posted by austin.28 View Post
              Quite a few good points have been brung up, and with those come negatives, armed guards could be a good solution. There is one downfall though and that is that they would go haywire, and they commit the crime.
              I think that's less likely but it is a possibility.
              I think what's more probable is the perp neutralizes the armed guards 1st (didn't they have armed guards at this high school?) and then continues the rampage.

What do you do for multiple shooters like columbine?

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                If we make schools safe without affecting the underlying issues the shooters will go elsewhere. A mall, office building, Walmart, etc...

If we ban guns then they will turn to other measures. By my work on any given day I could run over 20/30 bicyclist and kill many of them.
                They'd go where there are people they didn't know that could carry? Seems likely.

Comment

How many armed LEO hit the streets every day? How many of them have gone haywire?

How many LTC citizens hit the streets everyday? How many have gone haywire?

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                    Israel has armed and concealed guards. They are in a very bad place for safety. And have zero school shootings.
                    Ok.
                    Let's look at 49 other countries with no school shootings and see what they do

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      Arm teachers?
                      How many 50 year old women that read to six year olds all day will have nerves of steel to be able to shoot the eyes out of a crazy (or three crazies) as he runs thru a school with 300 rounds of .223 on him?

Metal detectors only work for kids wanting to keep bringing guns in.
                      If I start shooting at the person manning the metal detector from 20 feet away and neutralize them I have access to the whole school after that.

So what if the front office has folks that are carrying the perp will just jump a fence at lunch time or recess and let lead fly.

Ppl that Do this dumb stuff aren't afraid of dieing so all these scare tactics won't workon them.

They have already succumbed to suicide once they embark on the school shooting mission
                      Hard concept for liberals to grasp but here goes. Most of these liberal crazies are scared to confront others who are armed. Teachers armed and trained beyond CHL level will engage said cowards . Liberals have a hard time grasping that most men and women will fight to the death to protect their children. And yes that 50 yr old teacher if she/he is worth anything views those kids as their children. Liberals believe citizens are not capable to defend themselves because most liberals are cowards themselves.

Comment

As all of these tragedies have happened in the past years, a question has came to my mind, why don't all schools input metal detectors? Just wanted to know the opinion of the green screen.
                        because it won't solve the problem

Comment

It's the new world. Your nuts and head in the sand if you think we can do anything about.

Everyday kids die of drugs. We have every law and agency fighting drugs already. But yet more and more die.

Imo it's on us to teach and train or kids how to say no and run fast.

Comment

In my local school system, they use the local PD as security officers. They are on campus from the start to the end of the day. This is at the middle schools through high school.
                            The big problem is the shooters need help and many times once identified they are not treated.
                            I read a story that the FBI was told about him and did not fully follow up on his threat...

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              You serious?
                              You'd want to sacrifice your kid to an errant bullet from an undertrained 8th grade History teacher instead of trying some other method 1st?

I'm going to roll the dice and keep my kid alive.

Yeah. I'm very serious. That's exactly the attitude i was referencing. The possibility of saving me and mine at the expense of 20 others in some hypothetical situation.

Comment

Everybody on all sides of the debate are desperate to find a way to stop the carnage but we are all grasping at straws. There have always been guns readily available, there have always been people with mental health problems and there have always been weird, loner high school kids. What’s different is the number of people who decide to take vengeance on the world by slaughtering innocents. That is a problem laws won’t help - it is societal/cultural problem and I have no idea how to fix it. We need to do whatever we can - maybe more school security will help but I doubt it.
                                Last edited by jerp; 02-15-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X