No announcement yet.

She said yes! Not what you think..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s cool Sean. I have about 10 years on ya and we just found our little slice of heaven out in Kaufman county. It’s only 10 acres but it’s exciting when it finally comes together after looking for so long.

Good luck on finding the right place!

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
      Do you have a acreage minimum?
      Not in stone. Must have deer!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
        Nowhere near close to too young, I’m 31 and my wife is 30 and we’re selling our house and moving full time up around Mills county within the next year, hopefully within six months. It’s a little outside your range at about 2 and a half hours to DFW but we love it.
        I agree with Puma...my wife and I moved to Bellville for a few years to take care of the family farm. She thought that she wanted to move back 2+ years ago to be closer to friends, so against my judgement we moved back to the far North Houston area. She hates it and wishes that we had stayed in Bellville. I don't know your wife, but if she's anything like you in thoughts, I bet y'all will be alright

Comment

Hunt ci

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
          Sean, interested in Hunt Co? pm me if you want info

Absolutely, what you got? Pm sent.

Sean@triphaseinteriors.com
          469-544-4836
          Last edited by Spearchunker; 11-13-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            Yes and Royse City, I was blown away at some of the deer on a Royse City place. Have not found a heavy cover place out there. I found a few Fannin I may look at next.
            I'm in Fannin and really like where I am (North of Savoy). Lots of places for peace and quiet.

Comment

You should look into Elmo between Terrell and Wills Point. I hunt there and it’s very quiet and there is definitely some deer out there. It’s probably right in the middle of Dallas and Alba

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                You should look into Elmo between Terrell and Wills Point. I hunt there and it’s very quiet and there is definitely some deer out there. It’s probably right in the middle of Dallas and Alba
                Elmo does have some pretty country but beware of the meth heads around that neck of the woods. Elmo's reputation does precede itself as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Elmo does have some pretty country but beware of the meth heads around that neck of the woods. Elmo's reputation does precede itself as they say.
                  I found a place near Leonard and all i hear is meatheads on that area too.

Comment

Where to begin, I need a lot of input here. Wife said YES, sell our Dallas home and move to the sticks. You might know I bought 40 acres in Grayson CO a couple of years ago and at that time she wasn't committed to leaving the big city.

We sold that place for few reasons. Biggest was we couldn't get over the highway noise of 377. Just never felt like we were out of the city. Too many loud azz trucks, motos, and sirens. Never was a quite and peaceful moment.

I need to be within 2 hours of DFW for a 2 or 3 day commute as needed. I own the company I work for so I can do what I want within reason. The wife also works for my company and we can fade her roll out over next year or so. She too can commute the couple days as needed and just ride together.

So here are some questions I need input on:

Budget is 900k MAX and need at least 100 acres. We are looking at places with older farm house or barndo existing. Something to live in while I build our dream house.

1. Are we too young to do this? Will we go crazy after a while being way from it all? I think I will be just fine, but I worry the wife will go cabin crazy. We are in our mid 40s.

2. Do any of you do something similar as far as commute and is it tolerable?

3. Where to? This one is tough. I wanted N TX and thought I found my dream place. 250 acres on Bridgeport but seller backed out. So I started thinking I should go east to be near my Dad. He is all the family I have and maybe I need to think long term to help him. He is in Alba, TX and I found a couple places around him. There are some deer but not like N TX obliviously. I love the ol man but not enough to have him on my place lol. He is best staying right where he is.

I like Denton Co but geez nothing in my budget. Jack and Wise Co have some options but getting a little far out. I have looked at about everything on land watch and lands of TX. Any other sites I should look at?

Take a look at this one, anyone know deer quality behind Fork dam?

Looking at that one and this one Thursday.

Is it possible for Wood county to have great deer in 10 years or so? I don't recall N TX having monsters until mid 90s. But that was pre Internet.

Any input form commuters or self employed guys would be great. My company has exploded last 3 years and almost runs itself with the great employees I have (115 of them). Maybe I am doing this move to soon? I do worry about economic down turn and possibility of hurting my operation by being distant. On the other hand not getting any younger and land isn't getting any cheaper.

Really appreciate any feedback guys, now that she said yes I am nervous if this is right timing for this. I hate living in the city and my neighbors..

We have one Son and he is at Tech and doing great. I dont see any reason for him to move back home. But always welcome wherever we are.

Sean
                    We did the same thing a little over two years ago. Some random thoughts on your questions...

I looked hard for two years before I found the perfect place.

You are not to young to do this, especially if you like to work on your own place. It's a hell of a lot to build it like you want it and then take care of. It isn't for the weak.

Our commute is an hour each way five days a week. I'll be honest, it gets old sometimes.

I wouldn't worry about trying to find a place with high caliber deer. The smallest deer I've ever killed brought me unbelievable joy compared to all the rest. Because I worked my *** for it and did it on my own place.

Whatever you decide, I wish you and your wife all the best with this next chapter in your lives.

Comment

I found a place near Leonard and all i hear is meatheads on that area too.
                      Don't know about Leonard. Have a bunch of friends in Terrell though. I wanted to buy some property around that old lake between Terrell and Elmo but was forewarned about the drug problem. Sad because there is some pretty country out that way.

Now that place you posted below Lake Fork dam has me drooling.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                        It’s probably a little far for you but Lamar and Red River counties have some nice properties and low taxes...but they are definitely rural. Good luck. I doubt you’ll regret it and if you do land values rarely go backward.
                        but we ain't got no deers!!

Comment

My advice is to go farther out in the sticks than you think you want to and spend more than you think you should.

Always regret those 2

Comment

Good luck on your hunt for the right place right fit. There are meth/drug heads everywhere these days. It depends who you ask in any given area imo.

Comment

And on the ....Will we go crazy after a while being way from it all?

That's not for the weak either. It's 30 minutes for us to the grocery store. All of the conveniences of living in the city are gone. If something breaks, plan on it taking half of your day going to town looking for parts to fix it. You can take the other half of your day coming back home and ordering what you need on line and being mad that you didn't get anything done that day. Small towns don't have the things like the big cities do.

The solitude...it's an awesome thing the majority of the time. No visitors, just peace and quiet. There will be days when you want to go to town, or somewhere, for any reason.

Comment

I will sell you the Social Club in Woodson, TX for $500K

Comment

Working...
                                X