NV on a SBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NV on a SBR

I just picked up a stripped lower and I'm planning on building a SBR or a Pistol and putting NV like a sight mark photon on top. I'm thinking it may make it a bit too top heavy.

Anyone have NV on a SBR or Pistol?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve put my Sig Echo on an 8” AR and it’s not bad at all. But the Echo is relatively light.

Comment

I put my NV on a 12.5" AR pistol build. So far so good. Most NV units mount towards the rear of the gun anyways and it helps with balance.

Comment

I’ve got a 300 BO pistol with a 10” barrel. I started with an ATN X-Sight 5-20 on top. Now it’s carrying a Pulsar Trail. It’s not bad at all. I say go for it.

Sent from somewhere in the woods using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use a Sightmark Photon 6.5 x 42 on a suppressed 14.5" AR some, and it is just fine. I mean sure, you replace a 1 lb optic and mount with a 2 lb optic and mount and it does change the balance, no way around that. But it is lots better on a smaller lighter rig than on a bigger heavier one.

Comment

I've run a Sightmark Photon RT on a 10.5" .300blk pistol with no problems. It definitely looks like a big scope up there but no issues and it's really an nice setup.

By the way, I got a small shipment of Photon RTs in on Friday and I've got 1 or 2 of all models in stock right now but they won't last. Sighmark has a delay in sourcing a component and production has been halted until they can get a good supply of the part they need again. Estimates are 30-60 days, so it's going to be awhile before any more ship into the US.

PM me if you have any questions about the models etc.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Working...
            X