No announcement yet.

Your phone is listening to you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the reasons I held off getting a smart phone. Certain people call it being being old fashioned not going with the flow, but I knew darn well that more privacy is given up by these electronic gadgets. It’s written into the software.

Comment

We were talking to a friend in person about those purple beds. He just bought one. The next day those purple advertisements were everywhere on my wife's and my phone.

Sorry. Now you all will see purple advertisements.

I have had it with phone calls too.

It should be illegal. Someone is making money off of spying on us.

Comment

Remember when you downloaded whatever app with you phone, and it asked for permission to all those files, like photos, contacts and what not? When you clicked "I agree" that's when it happened.

We all did it to ourselves and never even blinked an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          We were talking to a friend in person about those purple beds. He just bought one. The next day those purple advertisements were everywhere on my wife's and my phone.

Sorry. Now you all will see purple advertisements.

I have had it with phone calls too.

It should be illegal. Someone is making money off of spying on us.
          Is it really spying when we allow it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            It's Skynet and judgment day is coming.
            That’s kind’ve the way I feel about the whole deal, it’s all gonna become self aware and turn on us lol

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
              This is one of the reasons I held off getting a smart phone. Certain people call it being being old fashioned not going with the flow, but I knew darn well that more privacy is given up by these electronic gadgets. It’s written into the software.
              Yep. I'll just hang on to my flip phone. (thumbs up smilie)

Comment

Hmmm.....
                Attached Files

Comment

No wonder my phone runs so slow and acts stupid on a regular basis. If the government is listening to me they're thinking.....this guy is mentally retarded. And he likes boobs. That's pretty much all they'd know about me. I really don't care who listens or sees what. I ain't got nothing to hide.

I'm just gonna be saying really nasty,offensive stuff to my phone all day to see what happens.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-21-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    No wonder my phone runs so slow and acts stupid on a regular basis. If the government is listening to me they're thinking.....this guy is mentally retarded. And he likes boobs. That's pretty much all they'd know about me. I really don't care who listens or sees what. I ain't got nothing to hide.

I'm just gonna be saying really nasty,offensive stuff to my phone all day to see what happens.
                    Snakes......they know you like snakes most of all. And crawling into cramped spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      I’m not a fan of that. I don’t need midget **** showing up every time I search TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Just by reading your post I'm now getting midget **** on my phone!!

I've noticed for a while that if I google something I then start seeing ads for it on facebook and places like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                        Snakes......they know you like snakes most of all. And crawling into cramped spaces.
                        Oh yeah forgot about that. So basically they think I'm an idiot and stopped listening the same day they started.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Yep. I'll just hang on to my flip phone. (thumbs up smilie)
                          I don’t think it’s linited to just “smart phones.” At it’s core a phone is a device designed to collect sounds through a microphone and transmit as encrypted data. Seems it would t take much software to make them all a listening device

Comment

We have been talking about this a lot. I had a new vendor give me his cell number and I added it at lunch, later that night, I open my phone and there he is under suggested friends for Facebook.

My laptop is the same way. I can look up one thing and every time I open a website, there is a banner add scrolling for that item. It's pretty scary to think that there is a lot of information on you and someone has access to it. I would be that 80% of us use our mobile device for online banking and transacting via Paypal or another style app, you've gotta know that they have all your bank info too? Right?

Comment

Hey guys it worked. I called my phone an ugly whore and now Hillary Clinton is all over my news feed. I just called it a smokin hot lesbian so we'll see what happens. Stand by.

Comment

Most people do searching on their phone, or computer and forget about it. Since you HAVE to sign up for some sort of account in order to use email, or apps, you allow your search engine to sync across all your devices you have signed into (Because Google and Apple own or have rights to just about everything on your phone/computer). Then the sites you looked at have cookies, which stay on your device, and advertising companies use these to send targeted advertisements to all your devices. This has been around for years...same works for if someone on your plan does the searching. With the ATT merger recently, it will only get worse.

I suggest using duckduckgo, as they don't do this sort of tracking. Since I started, I have never had a targeted ad. But most people like the convenience of Google. There is a reason Google is so good at finding the search results you want. And it's because of Google's data mining.

Comment

Working...
                                X