No announcement yet.

Artificial Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them dogs even look guilty in the picture!! Haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a small couple of hundred square feet of turf in the backyard. We left the side yard in bermuda grass to be used as the primary area for the dog to do her business.

Turf is expensive and needs to be put down properly. On mine, they cut the turf out with a bobcat, leveled the area with sand, put down down a layer of crushed granite, packed it with a vibratory machine, laid down weed cloth, then laid down more crushed granite and packed it. Laid down the pet-friendly turf and put yard staples every 6"-8"(yes really). Then they put down sand and ammonia absorbing material and used a gas powered rotory broom to work it into the turf. It was a lot of work and cost me $3k.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
        We have a small couple of hundred square feet of turf in the backyard. We left the side yard in bermuda grass to be used as the primary area for the dog to do her business.

Turf is expensive and needs to be put down properly. On mine, they cut the turf out with a bobcat, leveled the area with sand, put down down a layer of crushed granite, packed it with a vibratory machine, laid down weed cloth, then laid down more crushed granite and packed it. Laid down the pet-friendly turf and put yard staples every 6"-8"(yes really). Then they put down sand and ammonia absorbing material and used a gas powered rotory broom to work it into the turf. It was a lot of work and cost me $3k.
        who did the work for you? have any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

I’m amazed anyone could make a profit at $3k with that much in materials and labor.

Comment

Turf is very expensive. We were looking at going that route too. My lab and golden have destroyed the yard. One look at the price tag, and we said NAHHHHH.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              who did the work for you? have any pics?
              These people did the work back in 2013. It was part of a larger backyard remodel.

CUT-N-EDGE Lawn is the TOP CHOICE Heath & Rockwall, TX LANDSCAPING COMPANY offering years of experience in LANDSCAPE BEAUTY and LAWN CARE SERVICE. Contact us for all your landscaping Rockwall, TX & Heath, Texas needs.

Concept, before and after.

Last edited by Tbar; 02-27-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Artificial Grass

There are supplements which help the pH of the dogs’ urine so it won’t burn the grass. https://www.chewy.com/naturvet-grass...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                Here’s an example.
                You can buy a whole lot of this stuff for how much artificial turf will cost. Get the natural grass back and it will keep your house and your feet cooler. *

Comment

As a dog lover myself and seeing those pics with her and her kids on the couch. If you try to do anything to come between her and the dogs you will definitely loose the girl. I’d say just chalk it up and make do the best you can and be happy you have her assuming she is worth it to you! She should do her part to help keep the yard clean and groomed as much as reasonably possible however!

Comment

Working...
                  X