Been trying 3 under again .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying 3 under again .

Maybe Rick can help me figure this out for me. Im shooting my A and H longbow 50# at 28" I pull 28 1/4 draw. My arrrows are FMJ with 200 grain head total wt. Is 615 grains 176 FPS . Ok at 10 yards I put my point 2" below my target hit it every time , 15 yards im dead on 20 yards 5" hold over the target dead on ? I do not unserstand these gaps ? But I can drill bottle caps at 10 , 15, 20 ?

So my broadheads are longer than my fieldpoints. How does that change where you put your point?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I run my gaps off the insert/ back of point. Those gaps (drop) sound about right. Only way to change the gaps are arrow weight, length, (obviously cutting arrows effects spine, so a heavier tip will be needed, assuming your tuned correctly before cutting ) and anchor point.
      Last edited by tradslam; 09-25-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
        I run my gaps off the insert/ back of point. Those gaps (drop) sound about right. Only way to change the gaps are arrow weight, length, (obviously cutting arrows effects spine, so a heavier tip will be needed, assuming your tuned correctly before cutting ) and anchor point.
        Thanks yes I asked on trad gang too the said that heavy arrow with my ring finger in the corner of my mouth at anchor gives me a very high anchor point and gives me small gaps. I'll use it .

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          So my broadheads are longer than my fieldpoints. How does that change where you put your point?

I use the insert or the last little bit of the base of the broadhead.

Comment

DRT you ever come east WV I'll get you on a big whitetail

Comment

That's a very high anchor point for three under. I like my point on to be about 25 and that takes some doing most time I end up raising nock point to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I anchor with the pointer finger knuckle under my cheek bone, fingers don't even touch my face. This anchor is bone to bone and very exact. My gap up close is 12" below the target and I am point on at 30 yards.

Comment

20-21 yards . The cotton ball is my target . My hunting arrow with broadhead. This target was new in march.

Comment

Better than I do most tries.

Comment

Three under I use my Pointer finger in the corner of my mouth but i shoot instinctive.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Better than I do most tries.

Thanks man, im sure you could out shoot me .

Comment

Working...
                        X