RV Tire age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Tire age

I know 5 years is considered max but is this from date of manufacture or in service date?

Case in point, my steer tires were put in service 9/17 but sidewall indicates 2015 manufacture date.

A lot of variables, when it comes to tires...……..
    If your in doubt about them...…..
    Replace'em………..

Comment

Manufacture date. All my TT tires are getting replaced next summer due to age (I go by 6 years max) and the tread is perfect. I also never use trailer tires. Only E-Rated light truck tires for my rigs.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't chance steer tires.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          A lot of variables, when it comes to tires...……..
          If your in doubt about them...…..
          Replace'em………..

That’s the deal, they are like new and 3 years old based on when purchased but going on 5 years going by manufacture date.

From now on I will be checking manufacture date before they are mounted!

Comment

Is it really necessary to replace 5 year old tires? I’ve kept tires on trucks and trailers way longer than that with no issues.

Comment

It is better to be safe than sorry. A blow out on a camper can tear up a lot of stuff. It always seems to happen when it is hot and you are changing a blow out on the side of the road

Comment

3.5- oh, sorry. Didn't read the title all the way.

Comment

Interesting find on the Michelin RV Tire website. They say theirs are good 10 years.

Comment

Good American made tires would be a lot more likely to still be in useable condition that those **** Chinese timebombs they usually put on @ the assembly plant. I got three, short, in-state trips out of mine before one blew up and took out the wheel well trim and scratched up the fiberglass shell. All were frequently checked for correct pressure and inspected for damage/wear.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                      Good American made tires would be a lot more likely to still be in useable condition that those **** Chinese timebombs they usually put on @ the assembly plant. I got three, short, in-state trips out of mine before one blew up and took out the wheel well trim and scratched up the fiberglass shell. All were frequently checked for correct pressure and inspected for damage/wear.

Agreed. I run all Michelin’s with tire monitors reporting tire psi and temp on the dash as well.

Comment

It's just me but I like to change all my trailer tires evry two years wether needed or not. Trailer tires are cheap, I get to write them off and in my opinion it's just not worth the possibilities of tire failure.

Comment

Working...
                        X