Home Depot - Chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Depot - Chainsaw

Is there any difference in buying a chainsaw from Home Depot or a small equipment dealer?

Looking at buying a chainsaw and home depot has it in stock and would be easier to purchase from.

Thoughts?

Not if you're buying a homeowner grade saw. If you plan on using it quite a bit, Id go to the small equipment dealer. If nothing else, you'll talk to someone who knows the equipment he's selling.

Comment

i dont know this for a fact, but i think your better off going to a specific dealer VS a big box store. I've been told different parts are put on the equipment when bulk pricing has to be met to sell to Home Depot, Lowe's Wal-mart etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        i dont know this for a fact, but i think your better off going to a specific dealer VS a big box store. I've been told different parts are put on the equipment when bulk pricing has to be met to sell to Home Depot, Lowe's Wal-mart etc.
        This is what I’ve always heard. Big box stores might have slightly different models that have cheaper components.

Comment

I've heard the "Home Depot spec" thing as well. It definitely happens with all types of products that go to outlets with the buying power of HD, WalMart, etc., but I'm not sure if it applies to chainsaws specifically.
          I'd opt for the specific, local dealer always if the price is even close. You're going to want service out of them and they will likely treat you better if you bought the saw from them. That's my experience anyway.

Comment

If it is just going to be a part time homeowner use, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the Husqvarna from HD. I owned one and it ran like a champ for 6 or 7 years. Mind you I only used it at deer lease and small stuff around house.

If you are planning on using it for bigger trees and plan to "use" it, I would go to a local store and buy from them.

Just my .02 cents worth

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I always go through dealers even if i'm buying a homeowner tool. The prices are generally the same unless one place is running a significant sale.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                This is what I’ve always heard. Big box stores might have slightly different models that have cheaper components.
                I would think this true
                As I have bought some chainsaw from both sears and TSC and both are setting inside my barn not working
                My sthil independent dealership bought ran fine for years

Comment

Support the Mom and Pop shop.

Comment

Go to a dealer . For any reason you need service work it makes a difference on how fast it gets done .

Comment

I bought a Stihl saw from a local dealer, the Owner shook my hand and gave me a hat. I ran into him at the feed store one day and he asked me how the saw was running. I said "great", and told him I would recommend his shop every chance I got. He shook my hand again and said "thanks". Never had that happen at a big box store.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        Go to a dealer . For any reason you need service work it makes a difference on how fast it gets done .

This. I have two Echo chainsaws that I bought from Home Depot. They’re 9 years old and both run like a champ. Had a carb rebuild done on one and it took weeks. I don’t blame the shop owners at all. Got to take care of your customer first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I bought a Stihl saw from a local dealer, the Owner shook my hand and gave me a hat. I ran into him at the feed store one day and he asked me how the saw was running. I said "great", and told him I would recommend his shop every chance I got. He shook my hand again and said "thanks". Never had that happen at a big box store.
                          And Stihl dealers must provide service to be able to sell their saws . . I'll never buy another piece of eqpt from big box stores . .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Exactly, boerne had a local hardware store (bergman and they were wonderful
                            Home Depot came to town and Bergman shut down
                            I shunned all big box stores after that

Comment

Especially now, small, specialized shops could use the business. Granted, most small equipment dealers have been VERY busy since everybody has been home, working in their yards, but they still could use the business much more than the box stores right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X