Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My property being farmed without permission.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    What would of happened if he would of burned the bales and then had a control fire on that part of his property?

I was thinking the same thing . Most likely what I would have done .

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
      Some great advice I received years ago. Good fences make great neighbors.
      I wish this were the truth of it. I have family property in Alabama, right at 1,300 acres. The neighbor next to us sends crews in every few years to move the fence line over about 50 yards. Twice he put a galvanized gate into our property. We really weren’t harvesting timber on that side because he has a pasture so we keep it wooded. We ended up building a road along the fence line and had to patrol it on a regular basis. Any areas you couldn’t see from the road he would move the fence again. His cattle would always end up on our property, hundreds died by 30-06 after warning him several times. We called some program the state had and they rounded up another 140 cattle off of our land and they went to the state. The guy is a jerk. He ended up moving his cattle and he hasn’t moved the fence in about four years.

I think these jerk-offs watch neighbors stuff for openings to encroach. There may be a maximum of seven people hunting on our land each year and much of it we don’t even set foot on. I think this is more common than folk think.

Interesting enough, there is a vein of pea gravel on our property where he keeps moving the fence toward. The Jerk neighbor has consumed his by selling it to the county. My dad would kill him if he touched this asset.

We had a good fence, the neighbor moved the fence.
      Last edited by Johnny44; 06-24-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        I wish this were the truth of it. I have family property in Alabama, right at 1,300 acres. The neighbor next to us sends crews in every few years to move the fence line over about 50 yards. Twice he put a galvanized gate into our property. We really weren’t harvesting timber on that side because he has a pasture so we keep it wooded. We ended up building a road along the fence line and had to patrol it on a regular basis. Any areas you couldn’t see from the road he would move the fence again. His cattle would always end up on our property, hundreds died by 30-06 after warning him several times. We called some program the state had and they rounded up another 140 cattle off of our land and they went to the state. The guy is a jerk. He ended up moving his cattle and he hasn’t moved the fence in about four years.

I think these jerk-offs watch neighbors stuff for openings to encroach. There may be a maximum of seven people hunting on our land each year and much of it we don’t even set foot on. I think this is more common than folk think.

Interesting enough, there is a vein of pea gravel on our property where he keeps moving the fence toward. The Jerk neighbor has consumed his by selling it to the county. My dad would kill him if he touched this asset.

That would chap my arse.....big big time.

Copy of the latest survey available....Find the pins.....find the line......survey stakes, flags etc CLEARLY making the line....cameras discreetly well positioned..... Gather evidence.....hammer time.

Comment

Folk watch your stuff from every angle too. Our property borders a river and has several creeks and springs. We have a nice camp, every so often it gets hit, three years ago we lost about $60K worth of stuff, from boots, trailers, guns, clothes, 4wheelers and tractors.

Its like you have to be there all the time of these yahoos think they can do what they want.

And if that ain’t bad enough, I’m sittin down at the creek during a snow fall and I hear something off in the distance hit the water, I thought it were my buck...

Nope, it was to state biologists snorkeling with black wet suits on. I watched them through my scope. There is some supposed endangered clam and they plan to dictate land usage up to so many yards of the river. I walked up to them and said Beavers and Biologists in black wet suits are legal.

EVERYBODY WANTS A PIECE OF SOMEONE ELSES PIE !
          Last edited by Johnny44; 06-24-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            Get rid of that t-post and put in a 2 7/8 drill stem in concrete. They won't hit that one but once!
            Sink it after the haygrazer comes up and only leave about 6” sticking out of the ground. He’ll find with a $45k cutter soon enough.

Once the sheriff showed I think I would have been down to 2 options.

1. He would have the place resurveyed, he would be buying my hay from me for $100 a bale and he would be planting my sunflowers next spring.

If he said, no.

2. My lawyer will handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
              try this site first

this lady knows her stuff if you contact her she can probably recommend an attorney.
              She helped me with a land lock case a few years back
              tagged for later

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I had the same question. I’d think a fella that plants crops for dove for potential income checks on his crop occasionally to make sure all is well. Instead there has been enough time to not only cut it down, disc it, and plant but long enough to grow it heavy enough to bale. Maybe I missed it.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Is there any thread on the GS now that doesn't have some internet lawyer second guessing the thread and motives... It's to the point I don't think I'd start a thread for ANY subject because somebody gonna not like something about it and try to stir up some crap... GOOD GRIEF!
                ...talk about **** don't add up... Don't know why in the world everyone has to be a "gotcha" lurker...

OP, you were wronged by this guy no matter if you'd seen that property in a week, month or 5 years. You are right for wanting it straightened out and duly compensated.

Simmer down Charlie...no reason to go guns-a-blazin' and pitchforks..... I was not questioning the fact that he was wronged. That is obvious. The planting of the sunflowers timeline with no checking was just odd to me and I wondered why he didn't notice it earlier. I would have been out checking it out (and I do or I have my brother do it on our dove place down south when I or he are in the area).....We check the row crop AND the wild re-occurring patches. Hay-grazer would not be planted, grown and filled into maturity, and harvested without us knowing it.

And if you put it online its going to get discussed. Just the nature of the beast....
                Last edited by Smart; 06-24-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Is there any thread on the GS now that doesn't have some internet lawyer second guessing the thread and motives... It's to the point I don't think I'd start a thread for ANY subject because somebody gonna not like something about it and try to stir up some crap... GOOD GRIEF!
                  ...talk about **** don't add up... Don't know why in the world everyone has to be a "gotcha" lurker...

OP, you were wronged by this guy no matter if you'd seen that property in a week, month or 5 years. You are right for wanting it straightened out and duly compensated.
                  What gets me is people do this on these threads but just can't bring themselves to call out the obvious liars..like the Can't find a job threads. Or the likes..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post

How does one just move a fence? Send them to my place I have over 2 miles of fence I need to just put up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      What gets me is people do this on these threads but just can't bring themselves to call out the obvious liars..like the Can't find a job threads. Or the likes..

Oh there are folks that have called out the obvious liars and folks that take chronically take advantage of the tbhers kind heart in the past but have been pitchforked by the enablers for doing so under the guise of lacking compassion... I have seen it plenty of times....

For the record, I am not referencing this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Oh there are folks that have called out the obvious liars and folks that take chronically take advantage of the tbhers kind heart in the past but have been pitchforked by the enablers for doing so under the guise of lacking compassion... I have seen it plenty of times....

For the record, I am not referencing this thread.
                        That's why I stopped calling them out.. Set on fire too many times. At least the guy that took vacation the next day shot himself in the foot so that didn't last long LOL

Nothing funny that I can tell from this thread... No reason to lie.

Comment

Get an attorney and be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                              I believe he said he planted flowers for dove. Big difference in regards to cost and attention. If he were planting flowers strictly for birds he would more than likely have just finished planting. Who knows, live and learn.
                              Not if they are natives.

Comment

So what has become of all this. Could you give us a update if you got it resolved..

Comment

Working...
                                X