Got It Done Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got It Done Tonight

When the season opened, never thought it would take 3+ weeks to close the deal.

Didn't expect to get one as about 10 minutes before I shot her, I got busted by one behind me. Never heard it come in, never saw it and not really sure where/what it was since that is my bad ear on that side. At any rate, I'm sitting debating whether to get down and come home and see movement thru the mesquite. Deer finally clears the mesquite and it's a doe, and then I see another one. I waited even though the first one was mature--turned out the other one was a bit smaller and the first one stuck its face in one of my hand-corn piles at 23 yds and I poked her but in the upper 1/3 of the chest. Heard the "crunch" of bone and figured I'd hit at least one rib. She jumped, kicked,and took off. Out of sight in about 5 bounds but I sort of thought I heard her crash. Waited another 15 minutes and got down. No arrow and no blood at the corn pile---but about 10 yds away I find blood, and in another few yards find my arrow-broken in two.

Very sketchy blood trail but as I thought my shot was high it wasn't unexpected. The ground blood pic is where she dropped and is more blood than I saw on the 45 or so yards of trail. Followed the trails towards where I thought she ran and wasn't too far (45 yds or so) until I saw the white belly.

Only had to drag her about 15 yds to the road too!

Here's a couple of pics---guess I shot her right in the non-existent "void" . I think the arrow clipped the dorsal aorta, the large artery that runs beneath the spine (entry on left side). She was full of blood in the chest cavity. The blood pic was where she crashed and was more than I found on the 45-yd trail. Never had a Bear Razorhead bend either--

She is now in the 'fridge chilling.

Last edited by dustoffer; 10-23-2017, 09:50 PM.

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congratulations, now I'm waiting on a doe stick.

Comment

Good deal. Yeah, you clip that dorsal aorta and it is nite-nite time in mere seconds. Looks like you can reuse the broadhead too!

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          Good deal. Yeah, you clip that dorsal aorta and it is nite-nite time in mere seconds. Looks like you can reuse the broadhead too!
          Yep--can reuse the broadhead for shooting at pigs hiding behind trees.

Comment

Way to go man! Good shootin.

Comment

Good job.congrats

Comment

Nice shooting

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job. Congrats.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Yep--can reuse the broadhead for shooting at pigs hiding behind trees.

Congrats.
                              You shoot that doe with trad gear?

Comment

Working...
                              X