2nd amendment walkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
    The kids of today are the parents of tomorrow. What this generation grows up thinking determines our country's future so I believe this is a very big deal. Just cause you cant vote don't mean you cant think and develop a sense of how you believe the world should be.

Skipping school isn't the solution.
    Protest all you want on your own time.

These kids are just doing what their parents are telling them to do anyway.

Protesting or not won't change their ideas.

Comment

If the schools allow a walkout for something not constitutional then they better be ok with one that is!

Nearly all walk outs are dumb. This one I would agree with though but only because our society is stupid now. Can't just sit in silence.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        100%. My kids cut class they pay the price. It is their job to goto school. If you disagree instead of going to work make a sign about pro 2nd and walk around with it instead of going to work. I’m sure your boss won’t care if you don’t come to work for a while.

My kids know better than to walk out on school/work. They can voice their opinions on their free time. If you want to teach your kids to skip out on whatever you can. Mine willl do as told or pay the price
        This right here! I agree.

Comment

excuse to get out of school for 80% of the kids.
          A walk out isn't a big deal ( except that the school stands to loose money) . The scary part is that these kids ( who think they're doing something good or truly don't have a clue) are going to be voting in a few years.

Comment

a little history lesson about how a couple students changed the world.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              100%. My kids cut class they pay the price. It is their job to goto school. If you disagree instead of going to work make a sign about pro 2nd and walk around with it instead of going to work. I’m sure your boss won’t care if you don’t come to work for a while.

My kids know better than to walk out on school/work. They can voice their opinions on their free time. If you want to teach your kids to skip out on whatever you can. Mine willl do as told or pay the price

Well said.

If your letting schools influence your child's beliefs/ideals your failing as a parent.

Comment

a little history lesson about how a couple students changed the world.

http://www.ushistory.org/us/54d.asp

You may have skipped the part about those 4 being college students.

No one forces you to go to class in college. If you skip class its on your own dime.

Most college students are of voting age too.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post

No one forces you to go to class in college. If you skip class its on your own dime.

it doesn't matter if their college or not? A senior in high school can vote.

Comment

No one forces you to go to class in college. If you skip class its on the taxpayers dime because most students receive federal grants .

FIFY.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                      excuse to get out of school for 80% of the kids.
                      A walk out isn't a big deal ( except that the school stands to loose money) . The scary part is that these kids ( who think they're doing something good or truly don't have a clue) are going to be voting in a few years.
                      The same could be said for the kids that walked out for gun control.

Comment

it doesn't matter if their college or not? A senior in high school can vote.

Your having a hard time proving your point of skipping class to protest your cause when you seem to lack basic grammar and punctuation skills.

Comment

Your having a hard time proving your point of skipping class to protest your cause when you seem to lack basic grammar and punctuation skills.
                          touche`

Comment

I think I remember them saying in the video that there would be more kids there, but it was Good Friday. My guess is that they didn't skip school, but planned it when they were out of school. Kudos to them!!!

Comment

You know typically in a debate your supposed to reference factual sources that back you argument. Sit down son you might learn something.

Comment

Can you spot your grammar mistake?

Comment

Working...
                                X