Kroger on the AR bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kroger on the AR bandwagon

Kroger is going to stop selling magazines with “ assault rifle “ content.

The Outdoor Wire has obtained a memorandum telling magazine distributors servicing Kroger stores nationwide that “after much consideration” Kroger has decided to remove the Assault Weapons magazine category from all their retail locations. As of 2015, Kroger currently operates 2,782 grocery stores in 35 states under nearly two dozen banners.

Well that should solve all the problems...

Comment

I've never seen any gun related items sold in Kroger. News to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
        Magazines such as guns and ammo, gun guide..........

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
          Magazines such as guns and ammo, gun guide..........
          Ahhh gotcha
          Silly...

Comment

I’m not going to boycott Kroger. After seven years I can just about find stuff on my on.

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
              I’m not going to boycott Kroger. After seven years I can just about find stuff on my on.

Sorry
              I'm not saying you should. But this is another bite at gun owners and another piece of flesh that was torn off. Everyone has their tolerance for what they can put up with. At what point do you draw the line? Next gas stations won't fill you because you have a NRA sticker on your truck? Where is all of this going?
              Were talking about books...magazines here. Look at how fragile people have become. If Texas collapses and starts tip toeing around gun ownership...whats left for the rest of the country?

Comment

Kroger has always sucked, so there's that.

Comment

Thank God for HEB!

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                    X2!!!

Edit: Now I see they are talking about the magazines. What a bunch of baffoons!!!

Bisch
                    Last edited by Bisch; 03-20-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Print media is dying. Kroger is just looking for some free publicity.

It won't be too long before their aren't any magazines shelves left.

My oldest starts 9th grade next year. She will be issued a laptop instead of text books.

If you really want to stick it to Kroger go protest in the store where the gun magazines used to be and pull up the magazines they banned websites on your phone and read the content.

Boom!!!!!

Comment

Kroger's parent company upped the age for gun purchases to 21 a couple weeks ago. Apparently they have some stores in the NW that sell guns and ammo.

We do 90% of our grocery shopping at Kroger and with their loyalty-program we save a lot of money. Reconsidering where we shop now....

FYI. I was in HEB last night and they had NO gun magazines on the rack. May just be that they were sold-out but that would be the first time I've been there in several years that was the case.

Comment

they have maybe 2 gun magazines anyways and nobody goes there to buy em. I dang sure aint giving up Kroger. I can get in and out without dealing with a bunch of dumb*****es and can hear English unlike HEB or walmart plus the fuel points

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                            Kroger's parent company upped the age for gun purchases to 21 a couple weeks ago. Apparently they have some stores in the NW that sell guns and ammo.

We do 90% of our grocery shopping at Kroger and with their loyalty-program we save a lot of money. Reconsidering where we shop now....

FYI. I was in HEB last night and they had NO gun magazines on the rack. May just be that they were sold-out but that would be the first time I've been there in several years that was the case.
                            Kroger's other stores (Fred Meyers) have stopped selling guns. They said it has nothing to do with the shooting, simply that they aren't selling very many because people don't generally buy guns from that type of store so they are swapping that shelf space out for something that will sell better.

Comment

Da horror of it all!!!
                              Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                              X