pse coyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pse coyote

what does the gs think about it as a starter bow, I currently shoot a Matthews compound and have never shot traditional

Just looked at a few reviews on it. Sounds like it wasn't made to shoot off the shelf as it is cut way past center. When I was getting into trad I asked a bunch of questions about shooting off the shelf vs a rest, etc, etc. A big part of the trad experience is shooting minimal equipment and that means off the shelf with feathered arrows.

I'd say you'd be better served with a bow like the samick sage or equivalent as an introductory bow. At the price of a PSE coyote, you can have sage, tab, fast flight string, silencers, and some arrows to boot.

Comment

I fired a long bow in San Antonio about 10 years back and I liked the challenge of no sights, rest or stabilizers but kinda left it at that and didn't want to make an expensive investment for something I may not like as much as a compound bow. but now I'd interested again so I was looking for some input thanx

Comment

I took a few deer with that bow, if some one is around to help that can help. It's around 300 I would get a wooden bow, sarrels archery has some inexpensive bows.

Comment

Sarrels has a 1pce recurve at 400 bucks

Comment

I have a black hills longbow it's nice too from sarrels

Comment

I have seen the sarrels name before, I just looked up a samicks recurve and the one I saw only went to 28 in draw are there other in that price range or should I look for a better quality used one or is that a no no

Comment

The Samick Sage will go past a 28" draw! Big Russ draws around 29" and he owns and shoots a Sage very well. How did you come to the conclusion that a Sage only goes to 28"?

Almost all production bows, and almost all spec custom bows (bows that the bowyer did not make for a specific customer by order) are all marked XX@28". That does not mean that they cannot be drawn past 28". It just means that if your DL is shorter that 28", you will have less than XX draw weight at your DL, and if your DL is longer than 28" you will have more than XX draw weight at your DL.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  The Samick Sage will go past a 28" draw! Big Russ draws around 29" and he owns and shoots a Sage very well. How did you come to the conclusion that a Sage only goes to 28"?

Almost all production bows, and almost all spec custom bows (bows that the bowyer did not make for a specific customer by order) are all marked XX@28". That does not mean that they cannot be drawn past 28". It just means that if your DL is shorter that 28", you will have less than XX draw weight at your DL, and if your DL is longer than 28" you will have more than XX draw weight at your DL.

Bisch

What he said^^^^

I have a Sage (#55 @ 28"), and my draw is nearly 30. Therefore the bow is really more like #60.

Comment

I was unaware what that meant I'm glad you cleared that up for me I thought they were some how made to 28 in draw, but like one of my teachers said "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

Comment

Working...
                    X