No announcement yet.

The Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We cleared for the new barn area and have been remodeling the ranch manager's house. They are painting the exterior of it today and tomorrow and short of some punch list items, we are about done.

Boy it was Africa hot down there, plus the rain the previous week has the gnats and skeeters out!! We spent the day Friday and Saturday riding around doing some more exploring. So fun to find areas I hadn't seen or noticed before!

We saw lots of deer at all times of the day. Couple groups of bucks and a few had some beer can size mass at their bases. Kind of exciting! All of the protein feeders were empty or close to it. The deer have hammered 6.5 tons of protein in about 3 weeks. Its time for a fill up! New ranch manager starts next week and we are both excited. Lots of good stuff to do!

You know the tough thing to do is name the areas and blinds? I don't want to have just numbers or letters. Trying to find names that I can associate with the location. Not a bad problem to have!

Here are a few pics. Cleared Barn area, buck growing out, brown snake under one of my watering stations.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff!! [emoji1360]

Comment

Brother you are living the dream.

Comment

NIce!!

Comment

Looking good Lance!

Been meaning to ask if you got some of that rain last week. We need to get some more but off to a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              Looking good Lance!

Been meaning to ask if you got some of that rain last week. We need to get some more but off to a good start.
              We did. I think we got about 2.5" two weeks ago and about 1" to 1.5" last week. It's green but the ponds are still low.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                We did. I think we got about 2.5" two weeks ago and about 1" to 1.5" last week. It's green but the ponds are still low.
                Good deal. We got 2.1" and then 1.1". Much needed! But they did slack off the protein some

Comment

Looking Great!
                  Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Beautiful Ranch Lance. Keep up the hard work.

Comment

Man, that looks nice congrats!

Comment

Thanks fellas! Hope to have a post with more pics in the next few weeks.

Comment

Living the dream buddy! Keep us updated with the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                            Beautiful Ranch Lance. Keep up the hard work.
                            Hey Rodney! Just realized it was you. Hope you’re doing well!

Comment

Beautiful STX brush country! Looking great!

Comment

Nice place!!

Comment

Working...
                                X