Traditional FSC Week 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work for my obstruction?

It's a piece of 3/8" plywood with a 4" hole in the center.

Got it all set up. Just got to do some more work in the shop,
    and wait for it to cool down some before I shoot.

Rick
    Attached Files

Comment

I wanked shot #2, and put it through the plywood.
      That pulled the hole to the left, which placed shot #1 against the hole on the right side.
      Had to skin the board to try to get close with shot #3.

Rick
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RickBarbee; 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

That works! Nice shooting, Rick!

Got into the target after the plywood pass-through! Counts! Probably similar to shooting through the blue barrel or a hog's shield. I'm wondering if anyone will bank one in off of a branch. That stuff happens in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          That works! Nice shooting, Rick!

Got into the target after the plywood pass-through! Counts! Probably similar to shooting through the blue barrel or a hog's shield. I'm wondering if anyone will bank one in off of a branch. That stuff happens in real life.
          Thanks.

I figured with the plywood being free hanging/swinging, that it would cut down on penetration quite a bit. Nope, that arrow went through it like a bullet.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Thanks.

I figured with the plywood being free hanging/swinging, that it would cut down on penetration quite a bit. Nope, that arrow went through it like a bullet.

Rick
            It will go through your privacy fence quick too![emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

There it is. Third shot clipped nock of first shot and veered left.

Comment

Not good. 5&9/16ths"

Comment

Good shooting, Gary!

And you don't get to complain about hitting your other arrows, because I said you could shoot-and-pull them one at a time so you wouldn't hit them. *I did it that way because all but two of my arrows are broken ; and it turned out that the first shot's back end was right over the circle, so was happy to do one at a time.

You lead, sir!

Comment

I wasnt complaining about the nock. Just made the total a little higher. [emoji16]
                    I just didn't want to step into the pile of branches until I was done shooting it. Me hitting another arrow is pure accident. Missing twice in the same spot. 🤨

Comment

Todays first round sucked...alot. Second round makes me giddy.

Good shooting DRT. Decent wanking Rick.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Now THAT'S some dang obstruction, Briar! And a nice group!

Comment

Thanks Tiger. Im hoping the aiming points and muscle memory kick in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            Thanks Tiger. Im hoping the aiming points and muscle memory kick in soon.
                            Focus in form and the anchor is repeatable. It will come.

Comment

Enjoying the creativity shown in making the obstacles for these shots, y'all! Love to see a few more; plenty of time today, lot's of examples to set up the obstacles.

To recap the challenge: smallest total distance, 12 yards, 3 arrows, shot sitting or kneeling at a quarter-traced circle center on paper, with some type of obstacles about 12-18" in front of target -- leaving about a 4" alley to shoot through. Arrows can be shot either right in a row or shot-and-pulled one at a time to avoid hitting previous ones.

DRT currently leads with a 3-arrow total of 5-9/16".

Choot em!

Comment

After 12. Congrats to DRT!

Call us a fun one!

Comment

Working...
                                X