Kerr WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerr WMA

I got picked for the Kerr WMA management rifle hunt Nov 7-9.
    Anyone have any experience with the area or know where the hot spots are?

Holy cow! Kerr AND Chaparral? That's awesome! You should buy a lottery ticket too!

My kids got drawn at Kerr last year. We hunted on the west side (can't remember the pasture name). There are lots of whitetail all over the place, and there will likely be some good antlers this year (like everywhere). We saw a sika buck that Zach didn't quite get a shot at. They have a few axis, audad, fallow, and other exotics, but claim that they don't have great numbers of exotics. They really encourage you to kill something and not wait for a 36" axis buck. They need to get rid of lots of mouths to feed. The guys will give you lots of info on where to hunt in your pasture and try to help you all they can.

Good luck!

Comment

I've been there twice on a bow hunt. The last was 4 years ago. I was in the Bobcat Pasture. On the last evening, had a huge buck comin in to my set up only to have the wind change right at last light and got busted. He was only 40 yds and comin straight to me. Dang the wind!!!
      Last morning had another really good buck at 75 yds, but that was as close as he got.
      This was the last week in Oct and they were working scraps real hard.
      If you have some Spanish Oaks in your compartment, that's where I would be huntin. Good Luck.

Comment

I know!! My brother and I have put in for about 10-12 hunts every year for the past 7-10 years and nothing, then this year we get picked on two.

We got picked for the management(doe or 4 pts or less) rifle hunt at Kerr, so we can only look at big whitetail. We're looking forward to some axis and other exotics since neither of us having killed an exotic before.

Comment

Only two people have hunted Kerr?

Comment

See how lucky you are?

Comment

I guess I really am lucky then.

Comment

best ranch ive ever been shot a very old 9 point, my brother shot a 154 class 10 point several years ago, they killed that monster there last year, ive hunted doe pasture and the one up front "dont remember what it is called" but lots of exotics and trophies be glad you got picked!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X