No announcement yet.

Mason Mountain Gemsbok hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. I've been hoping to draw that hunt for a long time.
    Pics posted asap.

Comment

Looking forward to following along with this one! Good luck!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

The reason of the broken/deform horns were due to frostbite a few years ago. I was drawn on this hunt last year and was successful. I had a great time, take a camera incase you kill early , lots of amazing shots can be had there.

Comment

Here you go
          Attached Files

Comment

Wife and I were drawn here this year, for archery deer, wondering if anyone had any pointers on blinds, etc. Thanks

Comment

I should add that the hunt for both the Schimis and gemsbock are not gimmie hunts, you will have to work hard. On my hunt they were running both at the same time (animals in different pastors) and only 1 schimi killed (mine) and 1 gems killed for the whole group. For HunterH. take time and talk to the staff and ask for their recommendations and follow their advise. I have done the archery hunts there many times and have been 100%, use a good pop up

Comment

How did the hunt go? I'm going on the same hunt next week. Do you have any tips or suggestions?

Comment

Gensbok are excellent eating. Closest I have ever seen wild game to resembling corn fed beef. My friend shot two in New Mexico and got deployed to Iraq shortly afterwards. I have never enjoyed someone else filling my freezer before, but my wife and I were sure sorry when we ran out.

Comment

I got drawn for the Javi hunt in February. I have never been there before. Interested to hear what you saw.

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                      Here you go
                      That is not a gemsbuck. That is a scimitar.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                        I should add that the hunt for both the Schimis and gemsbock are not gimmie hunts, you will have to work hard. On my hunt they were running both at the same time (animals in different pastors) and only 1 schimi killed (mine) and 1 gems killed for the whole group. For HunterH. take time and talk to the staff and ask for their recommendations and follow their advise. I have done the archery hunts there many times and have been 100%, use a good pop up
                        Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        That is not a gemsbuck. That is a scimitar.

Bisch
                        See above

Comment

Originally posted by larrydol View Post
                          How did the hunt go? I'm going on the same hunt next week. Do you have any tips or suggestions?
                          I'm out there next week too. There are 3 other TBH members on the hunt as well.

I'm anxious to hear how it went as well.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

We will be there next week. Whiskers, Texantax and Sanne

Comment

But if you can shoot an Oryx go for it. Best eating I think I ever had except maybe wildebeest.

Comment

Working...
                                X