anyone have any info on drones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
    Check out the Syma line. Lots of Quad guys like them and they seem to be easy to fly.

Once you feel comfortable flying it, then order the $1000 DJI.
    Just asked for this one for fathers day

Comment

The DJI INSPIRE 1 is amazing. Go to BH Photo. My deer didn't even react to its sound.

Comment

Ordering from China will take a month so be very patient.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          I ordered a Phantom 3 earlier and some prop guards. Anything else I should get for it before I fly it?

I'm not kidding I would seriously look into insurance coverage that replaces the full value if the drone gets lost for any reason. Just dropped a grand on something that may or may not disappear without your control.

Comment

Originally posted by HWH Hunter View Post
            The DJI INSPIRE 1 is amazing. Go to BH Photo. My deer didn't even react to its sound.
            let's see the video

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              I'm not kidding I would seriously look into insurance coverage that replaces the full value if the drone gets lost for any reason. Just dropped a grand on something that may or may not disappear without your control.
              Probably not a bad idea. Who sells drone insurance?

Comment

Tag

Comment

Spend the extra and get a gps tracker for it so if it does take off you can find it

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    My buddy lost a $1000 Phantom when it up and took off on him. No warning, no nothing. Just flew away. DJI told him to pound sand.

They're sposed to have built in "return to home" features but obviously it failed this time. Google drone flyaway and you'll be amazed at how common it is.

I'm not dropping big money on one if they're that unpredictable.
                    From what I have read you need to establish a home spot each time you fly it. I do not own one yet so I may be way off. but I have read that and seen a few videos where they recommend setting up a home every time before you fly.

Comment

Did that yesterday.

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Wouldnt hiring a helicopter to do a flyover be cheaper?
                      think we pay $1000 for a couple hours (dont quote me..i dont pay the bill)
                      We hired a guy to take us out to look over the place and the water is crazy but I think I would like one of these just to play with and use more often not just during high waters.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmangeorge View Post
                        From what I have read you need to establish a home spot each time you fly it. I do not own one yet so I may be way off. but I have read that and seen a few videos where they recommend setting up a home every time before you fly.

The guy who lost his drone was not a noob. The drone failed to do what it was programmed to do, and the company told him there was no recourse.

YMMV.

Comment

I got my Phantom 3 in today and took it for it's first flight. I love it! Took a few pictures and videos. I tried to upload a picture here but it failed for some reason. Going to be a fun toy!

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            I got my Phantom 3 in today and took it for it's first flight. I love it! Took a few pictures and videos. I tried to upload a picture here but it failed for some reason. Going to be a fun toy!
                            very cool...

go ahead and get you a youtube account if you don't have one. you will want to post a video someday.

I say sooner than later... let's see what got.

congrats

Comment

Try again.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X