Home security camera system, exterior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home security camera system, exterior

Anyone have recommendations for an exterior home security camera system? DIY preferred, but open to pro installed.
    Something with recording capabilities and over-phone viewing as well.

Arlo Pro works well for me. It’s wireless and easy to install. I only run 3 cameras. If you were running several more it might feel like you’re changing batteries all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by T-square View Post
      Arlo Pro works well for me. It’s wireless and easy to install. I only run 3 cameras. If you were running several more it might feel like you’re changing batteries all the time.
      Agree...just installed Arlo at my house as well. They have a 7-day cloud service with the purchase. The phone app is very easy to use (even for the wife!).

Comment

I have the ring cameras, not the doorbell. Run 2 cameras that have rechargeable batteries. They last roughly a month. Easy install and app is easy too.

Comment

I have been looking for some outdoor cameras. A guy I work with is using Blink and he said they are easy to use. I have looked at them but can't make up my mind. In for some suggestions.

Comment

Ring...with solar panels....mine up load to cloud and if there is an issue...we can send the video to the Leo's. I get alerts and my wife too.great night vision as well

Comment

Swan has done well for me. motion activated and infrared. Takes great video in daytime and night time. I had someone showing up acting a fool, snooping around, taking photos, digging through my trash along with a few other things. It stores all the video and hooks up to your phone. It did a great job.

One thing I will say that helps is to position your cameras so that they overlap each other. That way a camera can’t be tampered with, without another camera filming it.

Comment

We use ADT at our stores and I am having them install one at the house including 2 exterior cameras accessible by phone. The ones at our stores have worked great with no issues over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  We use ADT at our stores and I am having them install one at the house including 2 exterior cameras accessible by phone. The ones at our stores have worked great with no issues over the years.
                  Is there a monthly fee with the home cameras? Is the camera part of a larger security package?

Comment

Do you have a link to what they installed?

Comment

ADT is expensive.

I have Ring cameras and am not impressed..............

Comment

I use blink at several houses. Battery only. No wires. Cloud recording, access from cell. Alerts to mobile. Work really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          Is there a monthly fee with the home cameras? Is the camera part of a larger security package?
                          In the house they are installing a camera in the front that will capture the front door area and approach. The rear will capture the garage door, back storage building the back gate and approach area. I live on a corner and the driveway archs at a 90 degree so it is possible for the camera the catch all that in my case. I also have 2 motion detectors in the house along with 3 entry door sensors and a sensor on the garage door.The equipment and installation is 700.00 and monthly fee 64.99. I do not have a link, I am still waiting for them to install on the home system. The cameras are outdoor camera's and a major chunk of the cost. The ones we have at our stores are all indoor camera's and we have had those several years.
                          Its not cheap like some of the DIY systems but so far its buy once cry once for us.

Comment

I'm guessing all those that link to cloud or cell phones need internet, correct ?? Where my barn is and I want cameras doesn't have internet capability

Comment

In the house they are installing a camera in the front that will capture the front door area and approach. The rear will capture the garage door, back storage building the back gate and approach area. I live on a corner and the driveway archs at a 90 degree so it is possible for the camera the catch all that in my case. I also have 2 motion detectors in the house along with 3 entry door sensors and a sensor on the garage door.The equipment and installation is 700.00 and monthly fee 64.99. I do not have a link, I am still waiting for them to install on the home system. The cameras are outdoor camera's and a major chunk of the cost. The ones we have at our stores are all indoor camera's and we have had those several years.
                              Its not cheap like some of the DIY systems but so far its buy once cry once for us.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X