No announcement yet.

Ned Ledoux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the two of you arguing ruined this thread...yes, he sounds like his dad to get back on track.

Comment

I'll chime in on Ben Haggard's abilities...he is fairly decent, surprisingly, but not impressive. Not knocking him at all...he is light years above most country artists out there today, IMHO however, he'll never be Merle...and Ned will never be Chris either.

The reason why, again IMHO, is because they won't sing with the same convictions as their fathers. Much like the reason i love Waylon, Willie, Kris, Johnny, Merle, etc., is because they sang with feeling, with conviction, with soul, with "heart" if you will...none of them had the smooth voice of Jim Reeves, Ray Price, or Glen Campbell, whom all are in my favorites as well, just different styles.

To me personally, there is more to music than lyrics and chords..and most people that I know don't really agree with me on that. I'd rather listen to someone who sings from their "gut", their soul, their heart, than to listen to a perfect pitch, flawless performance that is dead. Again, just my opinion

Okay, carry on

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Well, the two of you arguing ruined this thread...yes, he sounds like his dad to get back on track.
        The thread isn't ruined, and the whole point of a "thread forum" is open discussion. And I agree he does sound alot like his daddy.

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
        I'll chime in on Ben Haggard's abilities...he is fairly decent, surprisingly, but not impressive. Not knocking him at all...he is light years above most country artists out there today, IMHO however, he'll never be Merle...and Ned will never be Chris either.

The reason why, again IMHO, is because they won't sing with the same convictions as their fathers. Much like the reason i love Waylon, Willie, Kris, Johnny, Merle, etc., is because they sang with feeling, with conviction, with soul, with "heart" if you will...none of them had the smooth voice of Jim Reeves, Ray Price, or Glen Campbell, whom all are in my favorites as well, just different styles.

To me personally, there is more to music than lyrics and chords..and most people that I know don't really agree with me on that. I'd rather listen to someone who sings from their "gut", their soul, their heart, than to listen to a perfect pitch, flawless performance that is dead. Again, just my opinion

Okay, carry on
        I can accept that.

Comment

Ned Ledoux

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
          I'll chime in on Ben Haggard's abilities...he is fairly decent, surprisingly, but not impressive. Not knocking him at all...he is light years above most country artists out there today, IMHO [emoji6]b however, he'll never be Merle...and Ned will never be Chris either.

To me personally, there is more to music than lyrics and chords..and most people that I know don't really agree with me on that. I'd rather listen to someone who sings from their "gut", their soul, their heart, than to listen to a perfect pitch, flawless performance that is dead. Again, just my opinion [emoji3]

Okay, carry on [emoji14]

I agree convictions from the heart makes a huge difference and you are right few (if any) have it today. The reason I think Merle and all the others you name had that conviction was because of what they lived. They saw hard times and broken lives and saw it for the tragedy it was and caused. Today that’s not happening much.

Having said that, if they don’t have the same convictions from the heart at least give me a good voice and talent. I’m not going to jump on the band wagon just because they are someone’s relative.

One of the few recent artists I can appreciate today is Chris Stapleton and almost exclusively in Tennessee Whiskey.
          Last edited by Cajun shooter; 12-13-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
            I agree convictions for the heart makes a huge difference and you are right fee (if any) have it today. The reason I think Merle and all the others you name had that conviction was because of what they lived. They saw hard times and broken lives and saw it for the tragedy it was and caused. Today that’s not happening much.

Having said that, if they don’t have the same convictions from the heart at least give me a good voice and talent. I’m not going to jump on the band wagon just because they are someone’s relative.

One of the few recent artists I can appreciate today is Chris Stapleton and almost exclusively in Tennessee Whiskey.
            He is a very talented musician, and that song is a good one.

see I can play nice

Comment

Not a fan. Uninspired I guess would be how id describe it. And not backed up by a great voice either. Made me bored. You don't have to be Aretha Franklin to be a good country artist but a little conviction goes a long way

Hank iii is a legacy guy without a much of a vocal talent. But I believe him

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                Not a fan. Uninspired I guess would be how id describe it. And not backed up by a great voice either. Made me bored. You don't have to be Aretha Franklin to be a good country artist but a little conviction goes a long way

Hank iii is a legacy guy without a much of a vocal talent. But I believe him

Bingo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

When people like Tyler Childers exist I just can't care toomuch

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                  I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Sure does sound like his Daddy Chris who I really enjoyed as a singer and a person.

I like it.

Did anyone ever have the pleasure of seeing Chris Ledoux in concert? I saw him 3 times, and he put on a fantastic show!
                      I drank beer with him in Bandera back in the late 70's.

Comment

Ned's just like his dad in person also real down to earth, I rodeo with his dad some

Comment

Working...
                        X