Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a super gate latch and lock protector idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a super gate latch and lock protector idea.

Multiple lock system for gates

Check out post 44.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Have a weldor make one like this but out of 7/8" sucker rod. Too big for bolt biters and very hard to cut with a hack saw. Have him weld angle iron over the part where the lock will be so they can't get to it with bolt biters or hack saw.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a idea, but it would take a bit of work, it might be about like trying to open Fort Knocks to get it open. I think they would give up on trying to get through that gate, they would probably just cut the fence or go look for another gate.

Comment

You need to weld a piece of 4 inch pipe to the gate put the lock inside that so the only way you can open it is with the key from the bottom

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a double gate like yours, with a metal plate welded on each half. Drilled a hole in each plate to run the lock thru. I had a high dollar government security lock on it. Some low life welded the two plates together, the lock to the hole , the lock hasp and the hinges to the gate post. The sheriff (an ex game warden) said this was a first for him. I cut everything loose and now put one of those round locks that you can't get a bolt cutter around. This set up you eliminate using a chain. The person who went to all this trouble welding ,I don't believe wanted in. They were just po at me.

Comment

Hook that sucker up to an electric fence controller for cows. Put some rubber on the hinges to isolate the gate from the rest of the fence.

Comment

Something I have found, is when you start trying to make a gate, where someone can not cut the chain or lock to get in. They usually get the bright idea to take the gate off of the hinges. That will **** you off, to come home and find your gate on the ground. That was always a pain in the *** to get the gate back up on the hinges by myself, I got pretty good at it after a while. Then eventually borrowed a welder on a trailer and fixed it so they could not take the gate off of the hinges. They then went back to their old way of just driving a truck through the gate. That **** gate caught hell. I got to the point I wanted to boobie trap the gate, somehow.

Comment

It amazes me the length that some criminals will go to to do something illegal. I have a gate with the above described deferent on it, but it will be a while before I can get out there and take pics

Comment

What big thicket said

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      Something I have found, is when you start trying to make a gate, where someone can not cut the chain or lock to get in. They usually get the bright idea to take the gate off of the hinges. That will **** you off, to come home and find your gate on the ground. That was always a pain in the *** to get the gate back up on the hinges by myself, I got pretty good at it after a while. Then eventually borrowed a welder on a trailer and fixed it so they could not take the gate off of the hinges. They then went back to their old way of just driving a truck through the gate. That **** gate caught hell. I got to the point I wanted to boobie trap the gate, somehow.

My favorite gate of all times has radiator spikes on it for this very reason. Reinforced and sharpened sucker rod about 12” long sticking straight out from the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txcowboy69 View Post
                        I have a double gate like yours, with a metal plate welded on each half. Drilled a hole in each plate to run the lock thru. I had a high dollar government security lock on it. Some low life welded the two plates together, the lock to the hole , the lock hasp and the hinges to the gate post. The sheriff (an ex game warden) said this was a first for him. I cut everything loose and now put one of those round locks that you can't get a bolt cutter around. This set up you eliminate using a chain. The person who went to all this trouble welding ,I don't believe wanted in. They were just po at me.
                        Wow. What a POS! You really need a remote game camera. I think I missed why people want in your in gate so badly.
                        I had problems once like this. Fixed the gate so they just drove thru the fence.

The lock above might work. I can’t find a photo.

BP

Comment

****, where is this at

Comment

These are almost bullet proof.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

I made mine and no more chains or locks cut in 7 years. I welded 2 pieces of pipe on each gate that close together and inside each, I stitch welded a piece of 1 1/2" square tubing and use a 1" stainless rod that slides through both pieces with locks on each end. On one end is our lock and the end is the paper companies. You cannot get to the lock with bolt cutters through the pipe. Works like a champ. I did this on all 3 of my gates I built. Oh and the hinges are stainless pipe welded on so there is no removing the gate either.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hogslayer78; 03-04-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

^^^^^^^ Nailed it ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X