East Texas Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Deer

What book do y'all recommend for hunting East Texas pressured deer? I hunt in Red River County on some timberland and all ways thinking on new hunting tips on catching an old smart bucks.

Search for GarGuy's thread on here about Pressured Deer.

Comment

Over the last 9 years I hunted east Texas, I found the bucks rarely came to the feeders during the day, but did travel around them. So I set up ladder stands in transit areas or just hunted rub lines sitting on 5 gallon buckets in the bush.

Comment

Read anything GarGuy has posted about pressure deer and the East Texas deer hunting thread. plus what Bowhica said right above.

Comment

Thanks on the good ideas.

Comment

Good luck. I've hunted Polk and Hardin Counties all my life. Never read a book, but learned from other successful hunters.

Comment

There aren't any deer in East Texas.... shhhhhhhh

But seriously I've found that the bucks stay moving constantly, but they have a home range they like to stay around. I will set up on travel corridors between food plots or feeders. I have also set up on a place where a fence is down between two parts of the property which acts as a natural funnel and the past three years there have been 4 bucks killed off of that stand. Rules I use are: find the acorns, find the secondary food source, find the natural funnels, and watch the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                Search for GarGuy's thread on here about Pressured Deer.
                X2

Comment

This book has been awesome so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

This book has been awesome so far.

Thanks, I'm always thinking outside the box. It's been a few years since I shoot an good buck.

Comment

for what that book cost, it better be awesome. Its 117$ on amazon.

Comment

I highly recommend hand corn over a feeder, I never get mature bucks under one of my feeders. In RR county you’ll need a pin to keep the hogs out, I’d make it huge, like a half acre. Bucks won’t notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                          for what that book cost, it better be awesome. Its 117$ on amazon.

I bought it off his website and it wasn’t half that.

Comment

our bucks are constantly moving around our lease (600 acres marion county) we try and find paths through the timber and set up game cams. its crazy to see them traveling the same lanes around the same exact time every day. The more mature bucks are never really under our feeders, they usually hug the tree line and eat around the out skirts.

Comment

Pigs wear me out on my lease, I have stopped hand corning and only feed 2 sec at the feeder. I thought about getting an climbing stand and try to stay mobile around thickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X