No announcement yet.

Rage broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love rage broadheads. I use them anytime I am deer hunting. I still have some bacon skinners that I use on pigs. I bought those for $6 a box and I figure I have another decade covered for hogs. I like them too but prefer rage.

Comment

Rage 100 hypo for me. I also want to try the Trypans this year.

Comment

How do you keep them from deploying before they're shot? I finally decided to try some hypodermics (125gr), but every one of them has deployed because of brush walking in, bouncing around in the truck/mule, who knows why. Seems like the wind can deploy them early. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by mej4219 View Post
          How do you keep them from deploying before they're shot? I finally decided to try some hypodermics (125gr), but every one of them has deployed because of brush walking in, bouncing around in the truck/mule, who knows why. Seems like the wind can deploy them early. Any tips?

Do you have the collars on correctly? I’ve only seen them not stay closed when the blade sits in the slit and not on the tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Shot a zebra in Africa this past August and shot 2 does opening weekend (one dropped in its tracks) with rage 125gr hypo's ---- they are great
            Attached Files

Comment

I never had a problem with them deploying early when shot. However, I have had difficulty with the Trypans opening up in the quiver when touching something. I decided to go back to the NAP Killzone which has a much better blade retention design than any of the Rages.

Comment

Yes, I noticed that when I pulled them out of the packaging and checked for that when I put them on. I was sitting in a stand yesterday and had to reset the one nocked twice because it deployed when I tried to set my bow on the hook. My best guess at this point, the plastic in the collar is weakened and allowing the blades to slip out.

Comment

Yes, I noticed that when I pulled them out of the packaging and checked for that when I put them on. I was sitting in a stand yesterday and had to reset the one nocked twice because it deployed when I tried to set my bow on the hook. My best guess at this point, the plastic in the collar is weakened and allowing the blades to slip out.

That’s weird, I’d try rotating it to a new tab or a new collar and see

Also, I’ve had the blades bulge the collar out of the blades aren’t all the way closed. Are they bulging at all? Maybe they aren’t all the way closed and popping out of the collar?

Sorry if Im coming off as rude, I’m just trying to figure out why they are popping out of the collar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I need to pick up a new pack of collars and try replacing them. I haven't checked bulging but will do that. And don't worry about it. I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong! I love the pics the rages get and want to try them out.

Comment

Killed two deer with them. Big hole and lots of blood. I’m sold on them.

Comment

I’ve been using the extremes for a couple years now. I haven’t lost any animals even when I made a poor shot but I know that day will come. The blood trails from the good shots are awesome!!!

Comment

The hypodermics should not be opening easily. I take them on my trips around the world and stalk through all kinds of stuff with no problems. The old o-ring style rages were awful and you couldn't keep them closed. If a hypodermic or trypan is coming open something doesn't seem right. Maybe don't jam them in the quiver real hard to start.

Comment

Working...
                          X