How to keep your feet warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    Uggs..Sounds gay as hell,but they work better than anything I've ever bought before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    My in laws brought me a pair back from Australia over 20 years ago. I use them while sitting in a popup or in the tree, absolutely amazing how warm they are.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
      I spray unscented antiperspirant on my feet and wear merino wool socks
      X2

Comment

red head wool socks over a base layer socks keep feet toasty

Comment

Buy some of the feet warmers (like hand warmers), they work well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good wool socks. An insulated boot that is not snug or tight. You must have some air that can get warm around your foot. If you put a bunch of bulky socks trying to insulate your foot and cram it in say a tight leather boot you will freeze! Get some of those heated insoles like the hand warmers that stick to the bottom of your sock. They work great. It need some air. If stand hunting think about an insulated muck boot or alphaburly with a good wool sock plus maybe a thin wicking liner. Buy the boot 1/2 to 1 full size larger than normal. If real cold get those insoles. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
              My in laws brought me a pair back from Australia over 20 years ago. I use them while sitting in a popup or in the tree, absolutely amazing how warm they are.
              Mine came from Australia as well.Straight from the factory.I don't remember how much they were,but they were more expensive than any boot,or shoe I ever bought.By a mile!

Comment

I've heard the artic shield covers work. That's my next try. My feet freeze below 50 degrees lol

Put a hand warmer in once.... once. Got burns before I could get boots off. Bad idea. I can't get the foot warmers to work more than an hour.

Comment

I'm in a ladder stand in Mason right now. Just a heavy darn tough wool sock and these alphaburly 800's. My feet are comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hunted in Canada several times. My guide showed me a trick that worked better than anything I have done. Wear a good pair of merino wool socks, Put 1 body warmer inside each boot blanket, put your sock feet inside boot blanket. I have sat all day in sub zero temps with no problem. Also you want to wear uninsulated boots to the stand to prevent sweating.

Great products for the tree stand, duck & deer blinds and other still sitting activities where staying warm becomes a top priority.

Comment

If it hasn’t already been mentioned, boots a full size larger than normal, polypropylene liner socks and a high quality merino wool socks.

If you have a long walk to your stand don’t put your wool socks on until you cool down a bit. Don’t lace your boots tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If your going to be sitting all day, Sorrel pack boots are the way to go. Mine are rated for -100°, they are expensive, but absolutely worth it IF your just sitting. If your walking around, not a good idea. I wore them when I was ice fishing up nort aye. But they are kinda big and clumsy and will keep your toesy woesies toasty warm. My other boot are Cabelas Outfitter Guide Series I bought about 12 years ago. 800 gram thinsulate, I always wear the silk liner socks with a medium or heavy merino wool sock.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          You must name your deer Bruce Jenner too
                          Hermaphrodites!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            Hermaphrodites!

Lol!

I’m teasin ya man. If it works it works!

Comment

I'm with Gamestalker! ��

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                Lol!

I’m teasin ya man. If it works it works!
                                Lol! I gotcha bubba.Hell,I'd wear Michael Irvin's mink coat,If I thought It'd help!

Comment

Working...
                                X