moving 14x10 shed on runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving 14x10 shed on runners

Need to move my shed to the other side of the yard. It does have runners. I was curious if anyone has done this before. I don't want to haul one of the tractors from the farm in Tyler to Austin, so I'm going to rent. Wasn't sure if I could just drag it or need a bucket. I'd like to put it in a corner, so I imagine I'll have to do some pushing. Has anyone done this before?

I have... I did it by myself with a couple of 7" water pipes and a 8-9' piece of oil pipe..

They roll fairly easy, and can be turned etc.

Comment

A shed company could probably do in in 15 min and very low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
        I have... I did it by myself with a couple of 7" water pipes and a 8-9' piece of oil pipe..

yep... get 3 pieces of pipe/poles...anything round and just pull it and keep replacing the rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post

Winner!

Comment

Did mine with a mini-excavator

Comment

If there is access my for my bronco to get to the shed, I've got straps and we can push/pull that shed to where you want it for free. I'm in Austin. Send me a PM if you want to set it up.

Comment

Mine had 2" holes drilled thru runners,front and rear. I found a pice of pipe to go all the way thru. Pull strap attached to pipe. Come along the side your pulling up a little to get front of runners off the ground just a little and pull with vehicle,tractor etc. Not hard at all. I've moved a couple with tractors and dragged a few with vehicles.

Comment

Wonder if a wrecker company with a flatbed could or would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                    If there is access my for my bronco to get to the shed, I've got straps and we can push/pull that shed to where you want it for free. I'm in Austin. Send me a PM if you want to set it up.
                    I might take you up on that. One problem is I want it in a corner, so it will take some manuevering. The other issue is that it has to go up a hill. It's only moving 50-60 feet.

As others have stated, I will need to mount some I-bolts or something through the runners to tie on to. I can pull it with my truck, but at some point, I have to push it to get it into the corner. The pipes would be tricky because of the incline. We have a case backhoe and an 886 with a bucket, but it's just a pain to haul it here and back. That's how we move sheds usually though.

Trying to find a creative way to push it with my truck without tearing up the shed by just pushing my bumper into the shed.

Comment

I moved my 10x12 last weekend with my jeep and round wooden fence posts for it to roll on. I did it by my self and I backed it up to a fence so I had to use a come along the last 40 feet to get it in place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just moved a 12x16 a couple of weeks ago. Paid a flatbed wrecker to do it,
                        money well spent. He placed it exactly where I wanted it. He eased it off as we placed solid 2x2 bricks under it all the way around it and the runners in the middle. Whole process took about 30 minutes at the most.

Comment

Working...
                        X