No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying some deer meat marinated in Korean BBQ marinade. Not sure if ill like it but been wanting to see for awhile. Wife isn't feeling good and doesn't want to eat, so I figured now is a good time to try it. She doesn't eat deer meat.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
      Trying some deer meat marinated in Korean BBQ marinade. Not sure if ill like it but been wanting to see for awhile. Wife isn't feeling good and doesn't want to eat, so I figured now is a good time to try it. She doesn't eat deer meat.
      I can tell you right now it doesn't taste good. But might as well cook it up. And I'll come by and pick it up. I no an old bowhunter with a white lab that you can donate it to, that I bet would love to have it.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I can tell you right now it doesn't taste good. But might as well cook it up. And I'll come by and pick it up. I no an old bowhunter with a white lab that you can donate it to, that I bet would love to have it.

Hey bud. Anything really changed down there since I left about 5 years ago? I’m thinking about coming out and staying out in the rv at the state park and hitting my old honey hole for a week. I really do miss that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've been hearing about some rutting behavior down south. Anyone seen any thing going on in the greater Lake Whitney area?

Comment

Congrats Switchback!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and wlgorman headin out for a morning hunt. Hopefully an easier boat ride than yesterday morning. Rain, fog and a forgotten GPS make for a sketchy ride! Good luck to those in the woods today.

Comment

Originally posted by courtstamper View Post
                I've been hearing about some rutting behavior down south. Anyone seen any thing going on in the greater Lake Whitney area?
                I have some cameras with video on private property here and haven’t seen any signs yet.

Heading to a spot now for an all day sit. Won’t be able to hunt for a few days as I am getting some work done on my spine tomorrow. Good luck to those of you out there today.

Comment

Originally posted by randytunesmith View Post
                  Me and wlgorman headin out for a morning hunt. Hopefully an easier boat ride than yesterday morning. Rain, fog and a forgotten GPS make for a sketchy ride! Good luck to those in the woods today.

I use the Navionics app on my iPad hone as a backup for when I forget my boat GPS. Has saved my tail several times. Not as good, but it is worth checking out.

Comment

TG I can bring that old pup something

Ispdnxs hope surgery or what ever your having done goes well. I had some problems for last 3 seasons where I couldn't draw my bow at lowest poundage. Now I'm good but it was rough.

Good luck to the ones out today. Should be alot of movement with the cooler weather. Back at work this morning.
                    Last edited by switchback; 10-11-2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the dude that almost just walked up on me is here. Sorry I beat you. Thanks for keeping some distance, and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on a well earned and great doe.

I know what you mean about glasses. I had to change my anchor point when I started warring glasses. I kept shooting them off my face. Getting old ain't for the weak.

Good luck to all those hunting.

Comment

Ill be in b2 tomorrow underneath a pile of corn holding a bowie knife waiting for a deer. Good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                            Hey bud. Anything really changed down there since I left about 5 years ago? I’m thinking about coming out and staying out in the rv at the state park and hitting my old honey hole for a week. I really do miss that place.

Not much change. Water level is about 3.7 feet low. Plowman will be closed the rest of the year for clean up and renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Not much change. Water level is about 3.7 feet low. Plowman will be closed the rest of the year for clean up and renovation.

Thanks. Hoping to go scare a couple deer over at Aquila soon. Can still use corn right?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                                Thanks. Hoping to go scare a couple deer over at Aquila soon. Can still use corn right?

Yep. As long as it's not from a feeder.

Did your dad take up bass or crappie fishing out there? I'd prob be after the crappie.

Comment

Working...
                                X