Live from the Social Club (Price drop from $327,000 to $297,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    Build you a ground blind or by some. Wink Wink. Put them on the West side of the feeder. Maybe a toward west north west. But west will work if you have a sun shield to block morning sun.. Ladder blinds are great cause you can see lots, but they can see you long before it matters. Also on small places, you need to do your damage in Oct before Gun season. So that means that the hunts in Oct need to be stealth hunts. Come into camp quite. Not alot of outside activity. No big fires or loud music or Basketball dunking cause I know you have mad hops. You have some really decent deer for your area and you need to target them early. Once gun season cranks it is a whole different ball game. Having the gate on the other end will also help big time if you have that option. Also limit any interior driving on the ranch. You got big feeders so let them do there thing and stay away from them. Only sneak into blind and sneak out. Hope this helps..

You are spot on and that’s in my head too. More than likely getting a couple elevated Krivoman Blinds will be Phase 2. Maybe there’s a scratch and dent sale at TTHA FW.

I don’t have great options to bury a pop up blind on the NW / West side of feeders. My deer do come from all directions. The one positive I have is my deer don’t seem to be that pressured.

It’s hard to be quiet at camp in the Social Club. I’m sure the “swish” of the chain basketball net will bring them in. [emoji23]

I made a pair of rattling horns today.

Comment

Time for an update to this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
        Time for an update to this thread!

We are actually running out there tomorrow to check on it and pull cards. It will be interesting to see how the heat as affected the cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          We are actually running out there tomorrow to check on it and pull cards. It will be interesting to see how the heat as affected the cabin.
          Do you leave the ac on when gone? Set to like 80 or so?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Do you leave the ac on when gone? Set to like 80 or so?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We don’t but it may be something we consider in the future. The cabin typically cools down pretty quickly.

Comment

Looking forward to the update!

Comment

We didn’t spend a ton of time there today as this trip was more to check on the place. Everything inside the cabin was fine but we did have s can of shaving cream blow up in the bathroom. I pulled cards while Karla mowed.

The tank has lost some water but still holding strong.

The deer and pigs are crushing the feeders right now. Here’s a couple bucks that have some cool stuff going on with their brows.

The pigs have done a number on my standing wheat field. Hopefully when we shred it in a few weeks there is still Seed for the doves.

Comment

Bucks looking good !

Comment

Live from the Social Club

A few weeks ago we where out we caught a cool video of my neighbor spraying his Mesquites.

I’m not sure how it’s going to effect my place, but he sprayed about 80 acres. It did catch my front Mesquites which I’m bummed about because I lost some cover between my camp and the road.

Last edited by Heath; 07-28-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Those bucks have some character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Those bucks have some character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check out these dudes! It might be the year of the freak at the SC. #letsgetweird

Comment

Is your neighbor the actual pilot?

I can’t believe anyone still aerial sprays with all the drift lawsuits and claims out there nowadays.....

Comment

Live from the Social Club

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            Is your neighbor the actual pilot?

I can’t believe anyone still aerial sprays with all the drift lawsuits and claims out there nowadays.....

I’m not for sure the pilot. I do know they are in the farming / cattle ranching business and not into hunting. I had thoughts of buying that place down the road to expand my acreage.
                            Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

They should compensate you for those lost trees. With all of the lawsuit out there, I wouldn't think they would fight it much as long as you were reasonable.

Comment

Your bucks are looking great!!! And you've got some Russian boar genes running through there....I see some awesome LDP's for you guys this year

Comment

Working...
                                X