2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
    Keeping the ammo industry in business right there.

L M A O yes sir
    Tomorrow morning should be very interesting
    If y’all have a IG account go follow me @solo_hunter74
    Watch the IG storyline it’s gonna be fun with this group [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got word that they shot 40 plus today ducks and geese
      Tomorrow should be just as good or way better
      Lots of geese flying and fog should be there as well meaning this could turn into a goose beat down [emoji16]

Comment

Today’s shoot he just sent me pic

Comment

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Had a 50 bird 5 man hunt this morning.

Comment

These boys put hurtin on them yesterday. 2 are local and have helped brush blinds the past couple of years in exchange to come out to hunt.
            When they helped in early October they asked if they could bring out their cousins to hunt when they came from Georgia for Christmas break. I told them sure.
            Then I found out that one of their cousins was in a wheelchair. I told them we would figure it out.
            The plan was to get him from the vehicle, to my Rhino and then into a jon boat down in the wetland. We could push him out to what we call the small blind which the base is right at the water level.
            Everything went just as planned and he got in a chair between the bench and rail. The ducks worked perfectly all morning with them able to take turns shooting singles and doubles.
            Their usual hunting in GA is woodies and divers so lots of pass shooting. This was the first time they got to see ducks work and drop out of the sky into the spread. They also got to shoot their first mallards.
            I was so happy they has a good hunt.
            Now, the biggest thing about yesterday was that a wheelchair doesn't keep him from enjoying what he loves. It takes a team to make it happen but the reward was in his smile and spirit.

Comment

No-tox that is awesome. Way to put them on some birds and make some memories.

I had a limit yesterday with 1 pin, 1 had and 4 teal. Today I had 1 pin, 1 greenhead and three teal. Couldn't get my last bird and lost the mallard hen somewhere as she glided off in tall grass.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                These boys put hurtin on them yesterday. 2 are local and have helped brush blinds the past couple of years in exchange to come out to hunt.
                When they helped in early October they asked if they could bring out their cousins to hunt when they came from Georgia for Christmas break. I told them sure.
                Then I found out that one of their cousins was in a wheelchair. I told them we would figure it out.
                The plan was to get him from the vehicle, to my Rhino and then into a jon boat down in the wetland. We could push him out to what we call the small blind which the base is right at the water level.
                Everything went just as planned and he got in a chair between the bench and rail. The ducks worked perfectly all morning with them able to take turns shooting singles and doubles.
                Their usual hunting in GA is woodies and divers so lots of pass shooting. This was the first time they got to see ducks work and drop out of the sky into the spread. They also got to shoot their first mallards.
                I was so happy they has a good hunt.
                Now, the biggest thing about yesterday was that a wheelchair doesn't keep him from enjoying what he loves. It takes a team to make it happen but the reward was in his smile and spirit.

Top notch stuff right here congrats to y’all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                  No-tox that is awesome. Way to put them on some birds and make some memories.

I had a limit yesterday with 1 pin, 1 had and 4 teal. Today I had 1 pin, 1 greenhead and three teal. Couldn't get my last bird and lost the mallard hen somewhere as she glided off in tall grass.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
                  I've seen 3 pintails all season. We use to get tons of them but the past couple of years the seem to be elsewhere.

Comment

We came up one bird short of a 4 man limit today.

We were lucky to get that, and we shot really well.

We cut 10 out of a flock blue wings, that ain't bad for 4 shooters. Each bird was and individual shot, no two'fers in there.

I'm changing gears and gonna hunt different locations for the next few days.

Comment

Me and my son had 9 today. That was with good shooting. Birds just weren't moving for us. Great time like always! Like my son says, birds gotta win every once in awhile. LOL!

Comment

2 of us got 6 ducks and 3 geese yesterday.

Comment

Booger County beat down yesterday with bollomb. 2 shy of a 4 man limit.

Hoping for a repeat this morning with bollomb and DPElite!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Me and my son had 9 today. That was with good shooting. Birds just weren't moving for us. Great time like always! Like my son says, birds gotta win every once in awhile. LOL!
                            You and your son sound as spoiled as we are. 9 ain't bad at all. The 9 ducks would say yall won if they could talk. Lol.

Comment

I'm new to duck hunting, and was wondering if anyone hunts an evening hunt for ducks?
                              I've only gone out in the morning.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Got into some cranes this weekend. Aside from that it's been all gadwall, wigeon and teal for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X