Baseball gurus Little league bats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the new USA approved bats in little league and being able to use big barrel (2 5/8) whats the go to bat? 26" or 27". Local sporting goods store didn't have many options.

Heath is the man to ask. He is a rep for Louisville Slugger I believe

Comment

I’m having the same difficulty. One of the big issues I have seen is that the drop is not correct. They are labeled as a drop 10 but are weighing out as a drop 7 or 8. This means the bat will be much heavier. It may be advisable to buy an inch shorter than normal to even the weight out. I am leaning towards the Omaha drop 10 as the price point is under $100. It seems the $100 options are quite limited. I can’t see spending $300 on a league bat that he will outgrow by next year.

Comment

If you can find an Omaha 27” 17oz that is your best option but inventory is getting scarce around the country. Second option is DeMarini Uprising in 27” 17oz with a 2.5” barrel.

There is a gap that is missing for the kids that need a 26” 16oz bat that we had issues getting a bat to pass. It’s a really hard test to pass.
        Last edited by Heath; 02-05-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

The demarini sounds like a good option

Comment

I have 2 Demarini CF8s 27/16 and 26/15 2 3/4 barrel . Nice bats no cracks or dents. $60 each or $100 for the pair FTF in Beaumont/Houston area! If interested PM me your phone # and will send you pics!
            Last edited by ShaBow; 02-05-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The Marucci Hex Alloy is another really good option. My son has used this for several years. Lots of pop and very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                The Marucci Hex Alloy is another really good option. My son has used this for several years. Lots of pop and very durable.

Marucci doesn’t make a USA stamped bat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                  I have 2 Demarini CF8s 27/16 and 26/15 2 3/4 barrel . Nice bats no cracks or dents. $60 each or $100 for the pair FTF in Beaumont/Houston area! If interested PM me your phone # and will send you pics!

While this is a good deal, these bats aren’t legal for Little League with the new USA bat standard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                    Appreciate the offer but as heath stated not approved for LL. This new rule is making it tough

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                      Appreciate the offer but as heath stated not approved for LL. This new rule is making it tough
                      No problem! Since we have been playing select baseball not sure if we even have a 2 5/8 bat left. I will look through his bats tomorrow and if he has one you can have it. I'll let you know.

Comment

Got my boy the 39$ Rawlings in 27in. He likes it so far. Can’t see spending 100$ on a bay he will have outgrown by next season. Rawlings Fuel

Comment

Best place to do your research is justbatreviews.com. They have reviewed all of the new USA approved bats. They show what the actual swing weight is and brake down the type of hitter that the bat seems to be made for. I don't buy anything without checking that site. I have found it to be very accurate. And I have bought a lot of bats. By the way I have no affiliation with that site.

Comment

All the new USA bats will swing like wood...what a joke!

Just like when they went to those SHETTY BBCOR bats years back in HS and college. All about making $$$$. Stupid

Comment

Working...
                            X