Broken Costa Sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Costa Sunglasses

Broke my Costa frames this weekend, what is the process of getting them repaired? Anyone with experience?

I looked online and it asked for some numbers off of the frame, but they have worn off. Just looking for some insight. The lenses are still in good shape, so I am thinking they could just replace the frame and use the same lenses.

I'd email them and let them know the numbers are worn, see if they can just give you a procedure on sending them back.

Both of my pair state you're supposed to have the box and all for a return but I know a couple of people who have found pairs at the beach that were pretty messed up, contacted Costa and returned them. Received new replacements in place of the old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
      I'd email them and let them know the numbers are worn, see if they can just give you a procedure on sending them back.

Both of my pair state you're supposed to have the box and all for a return but I know a couple of people who have found pairs at the beach that were pretty messed up, contacted Costa and returned them. Received new replacements in place of the old ones.
      The times I have sent mine in for replacement it was like $115 or something close. I have a pair now I need to send in that arent broke but are falling apart...I hope they get replaced for a much cheaper price.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        The times I have sent mine in for replacement it was like $115 or something close. I have a pair now I need to send in that arent broke but are falling apart...I hope they get replaced for a much cheaper price.
        It's possible they changed policy, admittedly the people I know who had them replaced did this quite some time ago.

Comment

I’ve broken 3 frames and never been charged more than 30 bucks.

Comment

Most of the time are replaced for free. If you sat on them or ran over them you will have some fees. Lenses are the expensive part. I just shattered some 580g two days ago. Goto website, goto "repair shop". Follow directions and they will contact you in about 10 days once you send them in. They send them back often times a new pair.

Comment

Falling apart

Comment

I snapped both arms off my Man O Wars buckling little man in his car seat a couple years ago. Sent them back and they charged me $10 and said pick s vinyl frame with 580 glass lenses since they didn't make mine anymore. Couldn't beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup cant beat it.

Comment

I sent in a pair a year ago, cost me $ 15.00 and shipping..

Comment

I had broken lens and they told me $110, i told them to send them back to me, long story short i ended up saving them and later on cracked a frame. So built one good pair out of the two

Comment

I’ve sent 5-8 pairs in for repair in the past. Only once was it more than the $11-$12 it cost for the warranty repair. Most of those were new replacements. I’ve never seen the request for numbers on the frames. Just the frame style and the lens type. Costa warranty is by far the best IMO.

Comment

I just did a pair of Permits with 588 glass lenses. They replaced all but lenses for 11.20 I think it was.

Comment

Sent back two pairs in the past. Never was more than the cost of shipping and the lenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. I have prescription costas and their customer service has been horrible. I hear others have good experiences but I’m on my second pair and they are already stress cracking around the inside nose area near the glass. They charged me $150 to repair the faulty frames last time and I’m about to go through the same thing again. Won’t be getting my next pair from them though I like their styles the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X