BF Goodrich or Nitto’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Nittos haven’t lasted me long. Coopers were complete junk. BFG gets my vote. However, these tires are on rocky rough roads and rough pavement 99% of the time. I put BFGs on my personal truck as well and love them. 4 wheel parts usually has really good sales. Discount tire will price match. 100% highway use might yield different results than mine. But those coopers were an absolute joke. Flats all the time. Didn’t last 20k miles on my work truck. BFGs rocked a lot great

You have got to be kidding me!

What truck is this on?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      You have got to be kidding me!

What truck is this on?
      2014 half ton chevy work truck

Personal is an 07 chevy half ton

Work truck was driven on some of the worst paved roads in the state and some awful lease roads

Comment

2014 half ton chevy work truck

Personal is an 07 chevy half ton

Work truck was driven on some of the worst paved roads in the state and some awful lease roads
        Coopers. BFG are garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
          Coopers. BFG are garbage
          I had the coopers. 2 sets. Neither lasted 20k. They were the absolute worst tire I have ever owned. Again, if a guy is driving all highway miles or just occasional offroad, then it may change things which from the posts, it sounds like it does. They were absolutely awful for major offroad use. The BFGs held up the best by a mile.

Comment

I had the coopers. 2 sets. Neither lasted 20k. They were the absolute worst tire I have ever owned. Again, if a guy is driving all highway miles or just occasional offroad, then it may change things which from the posts, it sounds like it does. They were absolutely awful for major offroad use. The BFGs held up the best by a mile.
            I had the BFG AT and MT k2 and neither held up past 30k with awful unbalanced wear. Complete garbage is all I got for those tires. Also tried some Shinto tires and at 30k miles developed a welp on the tread. Another complete garbage tire. Gave Coopers a try and haven’t looked back. First set lasted 65k miles and seen plenty of off road use, mud, rain etc. now on my third set and probably won’t buy anything else.

Comment

Can also change by weight of truck and how often you load heavy. I ran 2 sets of Nitto MT’s and got 30-35 K per set. I’m at end of second set of Cooper STT Pro and got 45K & 50K.

F-350 SRW loaded heavy often, +\- 60% around town and 40% highway.

Comment

Run the E rated KO2’s on my last two trucks with no issues and no flats. Average around 55-60k on them. GMC 1500 4x4 crew. Used on and off road along with plenty of towing.

Comment

We had to quit the BFGs on our light duty oilfield fleet. Too many flats, very low miles and they were eat up, and never would stay balanaced.

I really think Hankook has the best tires out there across the board. We are currently running either those or coopers. We’ll collect the data in a year on both and compare.

Comment

I had the original BFG KO on my Tacoma. Got 55k before they were done. When i got my 2500 i put a set of KO2 on it. At 20k they were over 2/3 worn. Rotated every 5k. Mostly pavement with some gravel. YMMV but I'm not putting them on a 3/4 ton again.
                    Last edited by jdg13; 07-08-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Nitto Grapplers here, 10 ply, run on gmc 1/2 ton, on second set, first set I got 80k on, at 70k right now on these and still plenty of tread left

Comment

Nitto's are the worst tire I have ever had on my truck. Way too soft, ride like crap, don't last, always flat from driving in the pasture, just an all around crappy tire that looks good and cost way more than it should. Between those two I would go with BFG's, but me personally you will never see anything but coopers on my vehicles. Best tire out there.

Comment

Funny as I found I had the complete opposite luck with tires. I have run coopers my entire life and when working in the oilfield I only ran the Cooper Mud Terrains and was getting 60-70K out of them with predominately only off road driving with an F250. Also was hauling a 4 Horse trailer with living quarters loaded down most of the time on my time off.

I would place my tire of choice as follows:
                          Coopers
                          BFG's
                          Hankook

All three above are also oilfield tested on company trucks and all three held up pretty good in south Texas, west Texas, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and West Virginia.

Nitto's (On the never buy again list, I would rather buy bald tires than Nitto's)

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            Funny as I found I had the complete opposite luck with tires. I have run coopers my entire life and when working in the oilfield I only ran the Cooper Mud Terrains and was getting 60-70K out of them with predominately only off road driving with an F250. Also was hauling a 4 Horse trailer with living quarters loaded down most of the time on my time off.

I would place my tire of choice as follows:
                            Coopers
                            BFG's
                            Hankook

All three above are also oilfield tested on company trucks and all three held up pretty good in south Texas, west Texas, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and West Virginia.

Nitto's (On the never buy again list, I would rather buy bald tires than Nitto's)
                            I haven’t ran mud terrains on a work truck. The ATs chunked our fast.

Comment

I have a 2500HD Duramax with E rated KO2's, got 80k on first set and 20k on this set and they still look brand new. Mix of highway driving, towing fifth wheel and off road rocks in Rocksprings.

Comment

Originally posted by njcooke123 View Post
                                Check out the new ridge grapplers. They are a hybrid right between the trail and Terra’s. They are absolutely awesome. Blow my ko2s out of the water

I have these on my truck They really do work well . I love mine super smooth , great ride and you can get them in a F load rating .

Comment

Working...
                                X