Trumps message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    CNN correspondent Randi Kaye asked eight Dallas-area women on Tuesday's "Anderson Cooper 360" if they thought President Donald Trump's recent tweets attacking four progressive congresswomen are racist — and it did not go over well for CNN.

The women told Kaye:

"I'm a brown-skinned woman. I am a legal immigrant. I agree with [Trump]."
    "He was saying that if they hate America so much because what we're seeing out of them and hearing out of them — they hate America. If it's so bad, there's a lot of places they can go."
    "Actually, I think it's a demonstration of how their ideology spills over even though they're American now, so to speak."
    "They're not acting American."
    "We know the president is not racist. He loves people from Hispanics to black people — all across the board."

Been trying to tell yall
    *MIC drop*

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      And I see Trump has tripled down on the comments... well done.

I just read those tweets. Pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        I have said since day one I hate President Trump. Has nothing to do with Economics. Has everything to do with how I believe a man should act and conduct himself.

Some people can throw their personal beliefs to the side for money. I cannot.

I think these women are mostly ridiculous. I think ALL news is mostly slanted bias, and click bait.
        No one on here is throwing their beliefs away for money. Get over your holier than thou self.

Comment

Guys, my criticisms of Trump are based on what we see on this and every other thread about him. He has supporters that love him and will defend and support him, no matter what. That's fine. But there are just as many people across the country that hate him and will fight and vote against him, no matter what. Then there are people who can agree with most of what Trump and us conservatives want, but they also can't get passed the objectionable actions from Trump. People like jer james and Hntr2506 are probably never going to be die hard conservatives across the board. But they can be persuaded to agree and vote for conservative candidates and principles most of the time, if conservatives don't continually insult them and run them off.

You don't win political fights with insults. You win them by persuading people to see the wisdom of your point of view. That is what Trump doesn't understand. Or, if he does understand it, he doesn't care. Every time anyone says anything negative about him, he launches into a harsh and juvenile public and personal insult against the other person. That's entertaining to watch when you agree with him and have equal disdain for people like AOC and the like. But to the people who aren't committed commies (and are, therefore, hopelessly lost to our side) but also aren't committed conservatives, when Trump acts just as childish as AOC and them do, it makes it easier for those folks to reject sound principles in favor of politically correct emotional judgements. Like it or not, right or wrong, that's what it comes down to for lots of people.

We need swing votes for our side to win. Executive Trump is good for our side toward that end. Twitter Trump is killing us though. And every time crowds of admirers cheer for Twitter Trump, it just encourages him to keep it up. We should cheer for Executive Trump, but not for Twitter Trump. I don't know that it would have any effect on the guy, but it might. Mostly, I just wish Twitter Trump would go away and never come back so Executive Trump's successes could stand on their own merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Guys, my criticisms of Trump are based on what we see on this and every other thread about him. He has supporters that love him and will defend and support him, no matter what. That's fine. But there are just as many people across the country that hate him and will fight and vote against him, no matter what. Then there are people who can agree with most of what Trump and us conservatives want, but they also can't get passed the objectionable actions from Trump. People like jer james and Hntr2506 are probably never going to be die hard conservatives across the board. But they can be persuaded to agree and vote for conservative candidates and principles most of the time, if conservatives don't continually insult them and run them off.

You don't win political fights with insults. You win them by persuading people to see the wisdom of your point of view. That is what Trump doesn't understand. Or, if he does understand it, he doesn't care. Every time anyone says anything negative about him, he launches into a harsh and juvenile public and personal insult against the other person. That's entertaining to watch when you agree with him and have equal disdain for people like AOC and the like. But to the people who aren't committed commies (and are, therefore, hopelessly lost to our side) but also aren't committed conservatives, when Trump acts just as childish as AOC and them do, it makes it easier for those folks to reject sound principles in favor of politically correct emotional judgements. Like it or not, right or wrong, that's what it comes down to for lots of people.

We need swing votes for our side to win. Executive Trump is good for our side toward that end. Twitter Trump is killing us though. And every time crowds of admirers cheer for Twitter Trump, it just encourages him to keep it up. We should cheer for Executive Trump, but not for Twitter Trump. I don't know that it would have any effect on the guy, but it might. Mostly, I just wish Twitter Trump would go away and never come back so Executive Trump's successes could stand on their own merits.
            When someone calls him a racist, a rapist and a nazi, there is no persuading them to believe otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              When someone calls him a racist, a rapist and a nazi, there is no persuading them to believe otherwise.
              True. I don't know if the two TBHers I mentioned are persuadable or not. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. But there are definitely people that are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                In short, this ^^.

Comment

You don't win political fights with insults. You win them by persuading people to see the wisdom of your point of view. That is what Trump doesn't understand. Or, if he does understand it, he doesn't care. Every time anyone says anything negative about him, he launches into a harsh and juvenile public and personal insult against the other person.
                  Him and his family have had horrible lies spewed about them. And the other side faces no real consequences. Even on this thread Donny is called a rapist. Myself and others asked for names, facts, anything, but only crickets.

I dont really disagree with your statement, just curious on how you show wisdom in proving a negative. I mean no disrespect here what so ever, but if I repeatedly started threads that stated Shane was a rapist, I bet you would have a hard time proving that false, with wisdom.

Donny did call any one out by name in his tweets. Yet 4 American hating morons stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    Him and his family have had horrible lies spewed about them. And the other side faces no real consequences. Even on this thread Donny is called a rapist. Myself and others asked for names, facts, anything, but only crickets.

I dont really disagree with your statement, just curious on how you show wisdom in proving a negative. I mean no disrespect here what so ever, but if I repeatedly started threads that stated Shane was a rapist, I bet you would have a hard time proving that false, with wisdom.

Donny did call any one out by name in his tweets. Yet 4 American hating morons stood up.
                    Getting into an argument with a fool and acting the same way they do does more to bring you down to their level than it does to differentiate you from them. Let the fool prove to the world that they are, in fact, a fool. And then let your actions prove otherwise about you to the world - if you want to come across as something different from the fools.

I completely agree that AOC, Omar and the others are fools. They're evil. And America would be FAR better off without them. It's possible to say that without giving them and the media ammo to make you look equally foolish. That's all I'm saying. I am in no way suggesting that Trump or any of the rest of us shouldn't argue and fight against what those idiots want to do to our nation. We definitely should. But do it with a little class - not out of respect for them, but in order to more effectively persuade folks in the middle to side with us rather than them.

And I agree completely that Trump's comments were not racist. They weren't based on race. They were based on those Congresswomen being fools and advocating against the good of the nation. But the words he chose to use to say that are too easy to twist into racism. Knowing that the left is going to say EVERYTHING is racism no matter what he says, Trump should choose his words more carefully. Those folks in the middle that he has a chance to persuade know that the left is just going to say everything Trump says is racist and evil. They are going to try to sort through it and decide for themselves. Trump needs to be careful how he says things so he doesn't give some of those people reasons to believe that maybe he is a racist. I don't for a minute believe that he is racist at all. He's a lot of things I wish he wasn't, but he's not a racist. But millions of people are convinced that he is, and he reinforced that idea in their minds when he chose those words. They're wrong, clearly. But he hurt himself by using poorly chosen words to communicate a point that was VERY valid.

Comment

Getting into an argument with a fool and acting the same way they do does more to bring you down to their level than it does to differentiate you from them. Let the fool prove to the world that they are, in fact, a fool. And then let your actions prove otherwise about you to the world - if you want to come across as something different from the fools.

I completely agree that AOC, Omar and the others are fools. They're evil. And America would be FAR better off without them. It's possible to say that without giving them and the media ammo to make you look equally foolish. That's all I'm saying. I am in no way suggesting that Trump or any of the rest of us shouldn't argue and fight against what those idiots want to do to our nation. We definitely should. But do it with a little class - not out of respect for them, but in order to more effectively persuade folks in the middle to side with us rather than them.

And I agree completely that Trump's comments were not racist. They weren't based on race. They were based on those Congresswomen being fools and advocating against the good of the nation. But the words he chose to use to say that are too easy to twist into racism. Knowing that the left is going to say EVERYTHING is racism no matter what he says, Trump should choose his words more carefully. Those folks in the middle that he has a chance to persuade know that the left is just going to say everything Trump says is racist and evil. They are going to try to sort through it and decide for themselves. Trump needs to be careful how he says things so he doesn't give some of those people reasons to believe that maybe he is a racist. I don't for a minute believe that he is racist at all. He's a lot of things I wish he wasn't, but he's not a racist. But millions of people are convinced that he is, and he reinforced that idea in their minds when he chose those words. They're wrong, clearly. But he hurt himself by using poorly chosen words to communicate a point that was VERY valid.

Trump will win in a cake walk.....people vote with their wallets....

History shows that incumbent presidents win in a 88% rate...95% in a great economy...nobody on the left has put up can beat him.

Comment

He knew good and well that the other democrats would rally around the the women he was talking about. Some do not believe that Trump was playing them, but that's exactly what he did. He is attempting to make those women the face of the Democratic Party, and it seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          Trump will win in a cake walk.....people vote with their wallets....

History shows that incumbent presidents win in a 88% rate...95% in a great economy...nobody on the left has put up can beat him.
                          Hopefully so. He won in '16 only because the other candidate was Hillary. Whoever they put on the ballot in '20 is likely to be just as bad as her or worse, so that is definitely an advantage for Trump. But what does the "Party of Trump" do in 2024? He could win just as easily, if not more easily, in '20 if he'd stick to Executive Trump and leave Twitter Trump out of it. And he'd definitely do less long-term damage to the party if he'd do that.

If he wins, that's only good for 4 more years. I'm more worried about what happens after that. If we have 8 years of solid conservatives dying off and young people growing up believing that Republicans are like Trump and evil in their minds, we may as well enjoy those last 4 years of Trump, because it'll be a steep and rapid downhill after that. I wish he'd inspire more people to join the conservative movement rather than behaving in ways that allow them to be manipulated into believing all the lies the left tells them about conservatives.
                          Last edited by Shane; 07-17-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Very good points Shane. I have no problem with Trump "telling it like it is" but he is incapable of doing so in a way that in my opinion befits a president. You can hammer your opponent and still be civil and even eloquent about it. There is way to slam your opponents without sounding like an angry, ignorant caller to a talk show - "next up on line 1, we have Donny from Queens" We have to remember like Shane said that national elections are often decided by that big chunk of voters in the middle who are neither committed conservatives or liberals. They don't vote based on well thought-out principal, but by how a candidate makes them feel. I don't think "Twitter Trump" helps himself with the majority those people
                            Last edited by jerp; 07-17-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Some people just don't have the stomach for winning. Rolling over and playing nice didn't work for Mitt Romney now did it? Trumps tweets are like throwing a ball and watching the media go fetch. Meanwhile he's breaking it off in them somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                Some people just don't have the stomach for winning. Rolling over and playing nice didn't work for Mitt Romney now did it? Trumps tweets are like throwing a ball and watching the media go fetch. Meanwhile he's breaking it off in them somewhere else.
                                If that is your reasoning, then why did President Obama get elected to two terms?

He was an anti American Constitutional hater who is Muslim and not even born in America apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X