Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the episode air?

Comment

Think all episodes are on youtube. One of my favorite shows by the way. Wife hates it

Comment

...and...waiting on the results!!!

My wife loves this show!

Comment

Maybe he can’t post them until after it airs. Hopefully it appraised well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Signed

The signature looks close I hope it all pans out , I love when new material is found stashed away
            Attached Files

Comment

You asleep, Froggy???

Comment

I see you are viewing the thread on placing people on the ignore list.

If you don't update your thread, Imagonna place you on my ignore list!!!

Comment

Now this will be kewl to follow Dave. Nothing good with beagles on it?????????????

Comment

See if you can find out anything about this chair. Been in the family over 100 yrs.
                    Thanks in advance!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I heard Joe Biden has a bunch of paintings of girls there too

Comment

Update

The wife and I are still laughing at our country hick selves.

We went to San Antonio and stayed on the Riverwalk at the Hyatt Regency. It was a great trip. The Antiques Roadshow was very organized and they moved everyone through at a rapid pace.

We just knew we had a treasure that was worth several thousand dollars. When we walked up to the art appraisal desk a young man took one quick look at the painting then spent less than a minute on his phone looking at some of the artist other works. He then said he didn't think it was authentic because it was not typical of his works. He then went on to say that this was not really his area of expertise and that we might want to get a second opinion.

The artist has two other paintings with the same girl as the subject.

I asked if we could have another appraiser look at it and he said no.

We were in and out and less than 5 minutes. The wife and I have laughed about spending about a thousand bucks on the trip to find out the painting is a fake.

Needless to say we won't be on TV.

BTW Burnadell, I just woke up from my nap.

Comment

So did they think it was a fake? Signature looks like his.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            So did they think it was a fake? Signature looks like his.
                            The appraiser did not say it was fake. All he said was that it did not look like most of Roseland's other works and that was not his area of expertise. Harry Roseland mainly painted African American card readers and fortune tellers. I showed him pictures of the other two paintings with the same girl in the dunes. We felt like he just blew us off. We were disappointed in his attitude.

I'm glad we went though. It was an interesting experience. We did get an appraisal on an old pocket watch from the Indian Nations. It was only worth about $100.

Comment

That’s sucks. Not going to pretend I know more than an “expert” but a quick search shows several of his works not typical of most of his paintings, including the 2 you posted. That would have been irritating. I would have liked an explanation as to why it was not his rather than just being told it doesn’t look like most of his work.

Comment

I say you should hang onto them.

Comment

Working...
                                X