Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
    The corn I put out last time didn't last long.
    I put a goid bit out and most of it was gone I put 10 lbs out last night I'll go back tomorrow and see what's left to see if I need to put more out I'll take 10 lbs with me ... kinda long walk it seems but maybe I'll be deep enough to get one on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
      Justin I could use some gps cords..lol...ill only hunt 2x a week..lol..
      Lol u know where the good spots r

Comment

Any of yall had your trucks broken into parking at Core entrances? Maybe I am a little paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by TrunkMonkey View Post
          Any of yall had your trucks broken into parking at Core entrances? Maybe I am a little paranoid.
          Never had but that don't mean it won't happen most that hunt out there are good folks.

Comment

I always make sure I'm locked and nothing worth crying over in the back. I've never had anything stolen but I've met a few I wasn't to sure about

Comment

When the Corp originally fenced off the corp property and added the entry points several people I know lost items out of their trucks and spare tires. It seems to have gotten much better over the years.

JC

Comment

Looks like a good rain coming part of late Saturday. And really good Sunday and Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Looks like a good rain coming part of late Saturday. And really good Sunday and Monday.
                  And a south east wind for next Saturday

Comment

Ide lick a mist to light rain with a temp change to hunt.

Comment

Going for another long walk in the morning, anyone else?

Comment

For those close to meridian we are having a youth bake sale in the morning in front of ace hardware. We'll start at 9:00 am and go either till we run out or around 1:00. We're trying to raise enough money to take about 10-20 kids to the promise. Donations are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                          Going for another long walk in the morning, anyone else?
                          I had thought about it in the afternoon but probably not

Comment

I wish I was home to put corn out this weekend. Will have to wait till next Friday and hope for the best saturday

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                              I wish I was home to put corn out this weekend. Will have to wait till next Friday and hope for the best saturday
                              That will work Justin. Just take 5lbs with you Saturday, just in case. I used to do that all the time. Sometimes they would clean up almost 50lbs in the evening and over night. 5lbs always made sure that there was something there in case someone got hungry for seconds.

Comment

Oh yeah. I always take me a plastic grocery sack full of corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X