X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is my email rbertman@verizon.net

Comment

new

new to the forum lots of great information on here. thanks to SAB for starting this I knew there was public hunting around twin buttes i have fished there for years but finding info on hunting was kinda difficult.

I'm planning on heading up that way in a week or so to scout it out but i'm still needing a map the one on the first page of this thread doesn't work the link is bad.

thanks for any info and help

James

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
        Myself, Kevin, and my buddy Michael.
        And Me Too, Ill be there also.

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboy View Post
          Looking forward to meeting ya in person

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboy View Post
            BTW hows life for ya out there at Goodfellow Airforce Base POORBOY ? There's a thing called an IP address bud. tells exactly where your located and WHO you are

Comment

You can go watch Paul Alexander and the citys plan to drain the South Pool on youtube. Not a good idea in my opinion.

Comment

Hey Todd

Good time yesterday! Glad we were still able to get into those areas after that downpoor we had in the morning. Lemmee know when your ready to come back down. Ill check my schedule.

Comment

This is Anthony Wilson, civic events manager for the City of San Angelo. Just talked to San Angelo Bowman about some rumors he has heard regarding the gates around Twin Buttes, and I want to set the record straight: Those gates will be open throughout hunting season this year. Our police department closed them this past weekend after the heavy rains to prevent four-wheelers and mudders from tearing up the roads.

As many of you know, the City does intend to close many of the access points around Twin Buttes with pipe fence and gates in an effort to restrict vehicular access and prevent some of the illicit and illegal behaviors (dumping, firing weapons other than shotguns, underage drinking, assaults, drug use) at TBR. However, that access will not be restricted until the City has in place a process for issuing keys to the gates to law-abiding citizens who undergo an application process. That will not occur until 2012.

Anyone who has questions about this is welcome to contact me at anthony.wilson@sanangelotexas.us or at 325-653-5328. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks

Anthony, thanks for the update. Will the police continue to close and lock the gates everytime it rains in the future? That is, if it does rain again.

When the fences, gates and locks are in place; specifically for area 4 (IV -boys ranch road side of TBR), will there be four wheeler access to get back ( which is a few miles and can be difficult to wlak or bicycle) to our "honey holes" for hunting.
                    This may have been addressed but I am unable to find it.

Thanks for your updates.

Comment

Thank You Anthony for setting the record straight. I appreciate ya!

Comment

How much runoff did TBR collect; enough to make a difference?

I saw that OCF went from a tiny pool to a small pool!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
                          Anthony, thanks for the update. Will the police continue to close and lock the gates everytime it rains in the future? That is, if it does rain again.

When the fences, gates and locks are in place; specifically for area 4 (IV -boys ranch road side of TBR), will there be four wheeler access to get back ( which is a few miles and can be difficult to wlak or bicycle) to our "honey holes" for hunting.
                          This may have been addressed but I am unable to find it.

Thanks for your updates.
                          Yes, the SAPD will close and lock the gates when it rains (and it will rain again) to prevent the roads from being torn up.

And, yes again -- you will be able to access TBR via four-wheeler by going through the process of obtaining a key to the gates.

Does that help?

Comment

So does anyone have a map showing the bounderies for the different area's? I have looked and not able to find anything.

Comment

Never mind....found it. Sorry. If anyone else is looking it is here:

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelz4me View Post
                                Never mind....found it. Sorry. If anyone else is looking it is here:
                                http://gis.sanangelotexas.us/maps/huntingarea_ap.pdf
                                Thanks for posting bud. My original link to map isnt working anymore from what I heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X