No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been drawn 1 in 6 years and none the past 3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Guess I'll be squirrel hunting all the good areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

winners!

Congrats to the winners. For those doubting our methods we put pieces of paper with all the numbers on them and how many people on each application and our Admin who is Blind draws numbers from an old cookie can until we have 250 permits. So I'm sorry for those who seem to never get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            Home page at the bottom.
            I'm In! i cant believe it, going after the one i almost got last year!

Comment

Thank you baby jesus i'm in!

Comment

It is the #they wrote on the back of the general hunting permit?

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
                  It is the #they wrote on the back of the general hunting permit?
                  no, its the # on the pink deer lottery ticket

Comment

Yr 2 strike out. We'll I'm still on the hogs at another area lake. Good luck out there guys. IL be watching the thread for results.

Comment

Dang it. Missed out again!!! Well here's to the redraw. C'mon no whammies ������

Comment

Originally posted by RangerGrapevine View Post
                        Congrats to the winners. For those doubting our methods we put pieces of paper with all the numbers on them and how many people on each application and our Admin who is Blind draws numbers from an old cookie can until we have 250 permits. So I'm sorry for those who seem to never get it!
                        Thanks for the transparency! It's appreciated

Comment

Another no draw. 0 for 6. Surprised? Not at all. I've come to expect it. Call me a whiner all you want, but that's ridiculous. Absolutely absurd. Maybe it's time to let a computer draw the numbers and implement a preference point system.

Comment

Well crap!
                            Yep I'm out

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                                Another no draw. 0 for 6. Surprised? Not at all. I've come to expect it. Call me a whiner all you want, but that's ridiculous. Absolutely absurd. Maybe it's time to let a computer draw the numbers and implement a preference point system.
                                I like the preference point system but it just won't happen. It can be talked every year, and it will be, but the USACE is not a hunting management company or organization. They just don't have the resources to manage a point system, unfortunately. They pick names manually, for God's sake. Certainly there is a very cheap or free way to pick numbers electronically?
                                I'll be curious how many don't pick up permits, again, this year. There is still a major curiosity if antis are applying, but that's a sort of conspiracy theory that I don't feel like writing more about. Larry, you and I have texted and talked to nauseous levels about it. I'm surprised hunting is still allowed out there, honestly. Over the last 6 years, let's say the average number of applications is 500. I don't think that's too far off. By probability alone, I should have drawn three times. Same for Larry, or anyone else. Certainly the USACE can understand why some call the process a little fishy, especially when some people who are pretty vocal about the process continually don't get drawn. Perhaps it's a case of mathematical anomalies? Again... Perhaps I'll just chill out and ignore any conspiracy theory talk, once again.

In the end, I think most would agree, "there's got to be a better way". I know the Grapevine USACE folks are sick of us, but I think many are here to help, provided we could hunt and help make the land/system better, cleaner, safer, etc.

Good luck and congrats to those that have drawn. Hopefully those of us who've never drawn, will be next year.

Cheers

J
                                Last edited by justhrowit; 08-21-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X