DIY European Mount - Whitetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY European Mount - Whitetail

I’ll start by saying that I post this with some hesitation knowing I’ll get all sorts of grief from people about how THEY would do it and that I did XYZ wrong. I’m not a professional taxidermist and this is just how I did a European mount on a buck that was too small for a shoulder mount. There are lots of videos out there but figured I would just share how I did it.

http://youtu.be/f8Dd9dSK_-4

Cool. I have done it several different ways

Comment

Did you put any detergent or anything in your water when you boiled it?

Comment

Thats how I have find it in the past. Now I just put them in a pickle barrel and let them rot.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJ View Post
          Did you put any detergent or anything in your water when you boiled it?
          No, I did not use any detergent. Water stayed just under boiling for hours though. Every hour or so I would go out and scrape flesh off.

Comment

That worked and looks great.

Have you shown your wife this infomercial?

Comment

Ok, good to know. I've got one in my deep freeze that I didn't skin first. This will be my first attempt at a DIY Euro. Thanks for the video

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post
                That worked and looks great.

Have you shown your wife this infomercial?
                Yeah... i showed her like a year later. Funny thing, a friend of mine was working on a Euro mount and said he watched a DIY video on YouTube to figure it out--turns out it was my video. I opened it up this morning and see that it has nearly 300,000 views. I might have taken a little more time/care if I knew so many people were going to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                X