Deer Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Recovery

I shot a doe yesterday but she was slightly quartering towards. I hit her right behind the armpit and waited two hours till I went to look for her. As I began tracking I follow a bad blood trail but about 60 yards away the blood started pouring. We went about 150 yards before we backed out we never bumped her and I'm about to go in again to see if I find her what do you guys think are the odds of finding her? Heres the arrow...
    Attached Files

Arrow looks good. Good luck

Comment

Sounds like you hit liver from that angle. Check near water sources this morning. She should be dead if that's the case. Good luck.

Comment

There’s a good chance you will find her. But she could still be alive. So be prepared. Get a dog if you can.

Comment

That’s a dead deer. You’ll find her

Comment

The small red mark is where the shot broke the red mark is last blood and the arrow is a small creek that's the only water source I can think of In that timberClick image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20181013_075903_4354.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24556166

Comment

Chances are great if you have a tracking dog

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Chances are great if you have a tracking dog
                No tracking dog and even if I did they arent allowed here in Tyler Co. Unless they've changed the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                  No tracking dog and even if I did they arent allowed here in Tyler Co. Unless they've changed the rules?
                  Check on that. Several Counties did change the law a couple years ago. Good luck

Edit. I checked for you. Still no dogs in your County

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Check on that. Several Counties did change the law a couple years ago. Good luck

Edit. I checked for you. Still no dogs in your County
                    Lol I know just saw that myself thanks though!

Comment

Impact behind the shoulder on a quarting to is almost always a gut shot.

Comment

Agree with Courtney. Our brains want to tell us the arrow behind the shoulder should hit something good sometimes it t does. Depending on the angle. Deer will be dead just maybe further than hoped. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X