2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    ‘Standby’ friends of the ones running the hunt got first and best priority to the spots.
    that sucks....

I've only went and tried for standby once...after we were drawn the Bio let people pick there units in the order they were drawn... I think its only far to do it this way...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
      It’s not right somebody has 15-20 points and cant draw and then someone with no points draws 2-3 hunts in a season.
      Random don't care about right.

13 year olds with zero points draw Rocky Mountain Bighorn tags sometimes... it just be how it be

Comment

Another change possibility to kick around is no 2nd draw, as soon as you apply the full price of the permits & application fee comes out of your bank account like New Mexico does now, if you don't draw you get a refund. Probably wouldn't even have to worry about limiting applications per category in this system.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
          So it doesn't matter to you if you spend more money and have crappier odds or spend less and have better odds? I'd much rather have the latter..
          That makes too much sense

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Another change possibility to kick around is no 2nd draw, as soon as you apply the full price of the permits & application fee comes out of your bank account like New Mexico does now, if you don't draw you get a refund. Probably wouldn't even have to worry about limiting applications per category in this system.
            This would cause some for realsies butthurt but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Pay the full price up front and if you dont draw get it back minus the application fee.

Comment

Is there a dedicated Aransas NWR thread for this year that somebody could point me to? I saw the one for last year and the year before but nothing for 2018 that i can find. Or should i just start a new one? I'm still a newbie to these forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Pay the full price up front and if you dont draw get it back minus the application fee.

Considering how TPWD messed up just the draw system so easily idk if I like that idea [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                  Considering how TPWD messed up just the draw system so easily idk if I like that idea [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the glitch for the first draw? That was a pretty minor error and fixed a lot quicker than I thought it would be

Comment

Originally posted by Slim79x View Post
                    Is there a dedicated Aransas NWR thread for this year that somebody could point me to? I saw the one for last year and the year before but nothing for 2018 that i can find. Or should i just start a new one? I'm still a newbie to these forums!
                    If you can't find one in the search then start it up! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

I remember when New Mexico changed to this in 2011, people went ape, I would be lying if I didn't say it was real had clicking the place order button for those Elk tags. We did end up drawing a muley hunt that year so odds were up, would still be applying for NM if they hadn't changed the non-resident quota in 2012.

Comment

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                        So it doesn't matter to you if you spend more money and have crappier odds or spend less and have better odds? I'd much rather have the latter..

I don’t understand how I have “crappier” odds?? Your math doesn’t add up. It’s a random draw. In theory everyone could apply for every hunt in every category which means we all have the same odds not considering preference points. Your odds go up by spending more and applying more, it’s simple stats. Unless the system is rigged, which none of us know or can prove, your odds of drawing a hunt for any one category are as good as anyone else’s. Some years you draw, some you don’t.
                        I spend about $200 each year and each year I draw a hunt or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          I don’t understand how I have “crappier” odds?? Your math doesn’t add up. It’s a random draw. In theory everyone could apply for every hunt in every category which means we all have the same odds not considering preference points. Your odds go up by spending more and applying more, it’s simple stats. Unless the system is rigged, which none of us know or can prove, your odds of drawing a hunt for any one category are as good as anyone else’s. Some years you draw, some you don’t.

Same here but only spend about $100 a year and get drawn once or twice.

Comment

The old system the odds were better thats a fact, everyone was limited to 1 application per category there were a whole lot less applications not only because of this but also because it wasn't online, now if you wanted to you can apply for 20+ hunts in a category.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                              Same here but only spend about $100 a year and get drawn once or twice.
                              Dang!!!
                              I spend around 9 bucks!! Haven't drawn a hunt since the "new" system started.
                              In the old system, I spent $3, but would draw a hunt every so often. Drew 2 years back to back.
                              If that is what is going to take to draw a hunt now, I might as well bow out. No way I'm going to spend that much for lottery hunts. Guess I'll just hunt more at my place!!

Comment

For sure out of state should have to pay way more to enter, or not be allowed to enter at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X