X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria using Chemical weapons

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    i did my time in the military.

it doesnt bother you at all that innocent decent people will be killed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So did I. And that's why it doesn't. Not our fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The world is full of evil and we cant do anything about it without stirring up more evil. There are worse things going on in other parts of the world than even this sick event, where do we start? We and Europe need to start denying able bodied men as refugees to flee these countries. Its their problem, they need to stay and fight and revolt against an evil regime. If we let them come here the problem will never get fixed.

Comment

what about ww2?

What about ww2? Major conflict, one in which we stayed out of until the axis of evil tried to pick a fight.

What about Vietnam.... what did we accomplish in that conflict? Bosnia/Sarajevo? We simply cannot get involved in every skirmish, we are not the protector of the world. Besides if we fight the fight for the little guy ALL THE TIME what behooves them to stand for themselves?

We must be selective in exercising our superpower.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          What about ww2? Major conflict, one in which we stayed out of until the axis of evil tried to pick a fight.

What about Vietnam.... what did we accomplish in that conflict? Bosnia/Sarajevo? We simply cannot get involved in every skirmish, we are not the protector of the world. Besides if we fight the fight for the little guy ALL THE TIME what behooves them to stand for themselves?

Yep. Japan attacked us and declared war on us. Then Hitler formally declared war on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i agree with this. but, should we help the little guy when they've done everything they can and exhausted their resources?

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
              I don't think that whole damb region is worth one American life. let them all kill each other; what's left over we can decide what to do with.

Here here

Comment

i agree with this. but, should we help the little guy when they've done everything they can and exhausted their resources?

How has that worked out for us in history? Can you identify a single success where we have liberated a population?

Comment

Wait, wait wait! The democrats called BS about WMD's moving from Iraq to Syria. Now you're telling me Syria has chemical weapons? Some people's memory, or lack there of, baffles me.

Comment

Well, just watched Nikki Haley at the UN give her speech. "If the UN does not act......WE may!"
                    Guess folks that don't want us involved in that sandpit better get busy sending messages, protesting, etc as it appears President Trump is not going to let this awful episode slide. Could get interesting very quickly as Iran, Russia & Hezbollah are there in force..........don't forget the ragtag ISIS bunch that has mixed in with the civilians in every neighborhood.
                    I will stick with Charlie's analysis............I don't want them here thus kill them where they breed! In the meantime, I pray the innocents can find cover.

Comment

The release of these chemical weapons coincide with the destruction of a munitions storage facility by airstrike. It is very plausible that the gas was released in the explosions. There are also pictures and videos of ISIS creating and using this stuff. This is very likely a false flag or an accidental release from the ammo facility being destroyed. Assad benefits nothing from doing this.

Syria is a tricky situation, because there are #$@holes in every corner. If you jump in fully committed, you have to back someone. Who do you back? Assad? The "rebels" (ISIS)? If you oust Assad, people way more extreme than him will take over. That inevitable result is 100 times more clear than it was in Iraq.

The unfortunate truth about the middle east, is that you can't necessarily think in terms of wrong and right. You dang sure can't let feelings guide you. The right thing to do now could very likely, and has, lead to more wrong in the future. Unfortunately, you just have to decide what crappy situation in that particular country is the least crappy for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        The release of these chemical weapons coincide with the destruction of a munitions storage facility by airstrike. It is very plausible that the gas was released in the explosions. There are also pictures and videos of ISIS creating and using this stuff. This is very likely a false flag or an accidental release from the ammo facility being destroyed. Assad benefits nothing from doing this.

Syria is a tricky situation, because there are #$@holes in every corner. If you jump in fully committed, you have to back someone. Who do you back? Assad? The "rebels" (ISIS). If you oust Assad, people way more extreme than him will take over. That inevitable result is 100 times more clear than it was in Iraq.

The unfortunate truth about the middle east, is that you can't necessarily think in terms of wrong and right. You dang sure can't let feelings guide you. The right thing to do now could very likely, and has, lead to more wrong in the future. Unfortunately, you just have to decide what crappy situation in that particular country is the least crappy for the world.
                        You have a very good grasp and understanding of the current on the ground situation. It will be EXTREMELY tricky.........."danged it you do and danged if you don't!" I am sure President Trump has the silver bullet as one of his promises was that ISIS was going to be destroyed quickly and effectively. I guess here is a chance to partner with Russia and whomever else (Syrai, Iran, Hezbollah??) that wants them destroyed.........ouch..........hard to imagine that is going to turn out positive. Here we geaux.........the ride is sure to be bumpy! Again, prayers for the truly innocent in all of this and I pray WE as Americans can choose wisely going into this cluster!

Comment

With 8 billion people and countless conflicts ongoing all over the globe, some for generations, we as a nation with $20T in debt simply cannot afford to fund a fight everywhere there are 'little guys' with no resources of their own. How much of your Social Security check will you give up to pay for a war in Sudan, Ethiopia, or Angola?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                            With 8 billion people and countless conflicts ongoing all over the globe, some for generations, we as a nation with $20T in debt simply cannot afford to fund a fight everywhere there are 'little guys' with no resources of their own. How much of your Social Security check will you give up to pay for a war in Sudan, Ethiopia, or Angola?
                            all of it. lol. im not leaving the govt in charge of my retirement!

im being snarky, but i get your point. we need to be cutting expenses not adding to.

Comment

How has that worked out for us in history? Can you identify a single success where we have liberated a population?
                              Not that I disagree but I can name a few, we used to be good at it, just don't have the stomach anymore.

USSR (cold war), S. Korea (Korean War), All of Western Europe (WWII)

Comment

Won the Cold War. Liberated most all eastern bloc countries

Comment

Working...
                                X