Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find!

Comment

Very nice. They are fun to shoot. I have the"cheapo" Chinese and bubba -ed it. Looks cool but think it is much better with the wood stock. Hang on to it and leave it just like it is .

Comment

I have a buddy that has a SKS. I have never been a fan of either the AK-47 or the SKS, but they seem to fire reliably. I don't know where the SKS my buddy has, was made or when, but I won't let him bring it back to our place anymore. He kept bragging about it, every time we got to talking about guns. Then he finally brought it over one day to shoot. I think he fired one clip through the gun, then loaded the second clip in the gun and released the bolt. It slam fired when the bolt slammed shut. Then what made things worse, was he tossed the rifle away when it went off. Luckily it did not go off a second time. That was it for that rifle for the day.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the responses! The daughter inherited all of his guns after he passed. He was a lifetime member of the NRA and had collected over 30 to 40 guns! All in mint condition, browning and ruger pistols, rifles...you name it. He has all of them listed and filed with serial numbers so identification should be easier. She plans to keep them and honor him by taking some handgun courses,getting their chl’s and learning to shoot. Pretty neat to be able to leave that to your children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Better make sure the bolt isn't packed full of cosmoline if you don't think it's been fired. Can make the firing pin stick and send 10 rds full auto down range when you let the bolt carrier go to chamber a round.

Comment

Congrats. Nice rifle.
              I too have a Russian CCCP SKS I bought in the late 80's.
              Check the back of the stock, see if it has a little trap door that when you press it, a cleaning kit pops up and out. Pretty cool. Ser#'s should be all over weapon. It is reliable and the parts are milled, not stamped. Mag well can be changed/removed to add detachable magazines.

Comment

Just curious.....why would something manufactured in Russia have the words "Made in Russia" in English? Were they made with the intent to ship to the western hemisphere?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X