Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting back into it, man that lay off ruined me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back into it, man that lay off ruined me.

Finally had some time to get the bow out and put some shafts downrange. Jeez I'm freaking out of it for sure. Haven't shot the bow in I don't know how long although I do know it's been too long as the first shot left a puff of dust from the fletchings in my face. Accuracy is there out to about 10 yards but nothing any further out. Deer season is coming up and I have got to make time to shoot more.

Darn job is ruining my leisure time.

Richard.

Thus the reason I didn't take up trad until I retired.

Now I own this business and work all the time.🤨

However 6 arrows as the sun rises and maybe some by flashlight is sometimes all I get. But if I make the time and spend the energy . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am about to do the same. Haven’t shot an arrow in 3 months. Hopefully it won’t take long to get back in the swing of things.

Comment

Welcome back. To you both.

Comment

I have not flung an arrow in 2 1/2 months, my longest layoff since I switched to trad 7 years ago. The bows on the wall are taunting me when I walk by. I have it on the calendar to start back last week of July. First week to 10 days, nothing but form/blank bale shooting.

Comment

This thread made me go grab my Sarrels and walk outside. Just been too busy with work to shoot. It felt good to sling some arrows. First 3 shots at 16 yards were nice. Maybe i should take a break more often. Even had an audience watch me shoot. Bob has a new Blueridge SR waiting on me. Hopefully pick it up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to get back to it myself!

Comment

No time like the present.

Comment

Glad to see y'all getting back with it!

Welcome to shoot the weekly challenges.

Comment

Some layoffs are good. It gives muscles and tendons time to rest and heal. I haven't shot since last Friday because of being so busy but today is the day!

Comment

I try to step out on the back porch for 30 minutes of flinging everyday with my wheelie bow. I just got my recurve in and started practicing with it.

If I ever sell my place and someone does some excavating in my backyard, they will think Custer had his last stand here. I sure have planted a lot of arrows back there.

Comment

I've only been shooting 2x a week... primarily because I don't want to shoot while I am sore recovering from hitting the weights at the gym. I need to start ramping it up now that my strength overall is coming back.

Comment

Giddyup Junkers! Times a wastin.

Im on furlough myself. Ive been chootin my daughters Bear longbow...10 -20lbs...whilst trying to teach the kiddos some form. Ive just about got the lob down at 10 yds. Her orange longbow...I spray painted pink to entice her...I errr she looks darn cute chootin.

Comment

your make'n me feal bad...
                            ok...i'll do it too..

you do know its hot outside right....L

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              I have not flung an arrow in 2 1/2 months, my longest layoff since I switched to trad 7 years ago. The bows on the wall are taunting me when I walk by. I have it on the calendar to start back last week of July. First week to 10 days, nothing but form/blank bale shooting.
                              I shot about 25 arrows point blank at a bale each of the last two days. Maybe it’s just me but its remarkable how quickly you “lose it” - it’s like my body forgot how to do it. I know it will come back quickly, just gotta work on nothing but form until it feels automatic again. Unless I get injured I will never lay off that long again.

Comment

Working...
                              X