Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
    It's normal non issue. Mine does the same in the hotter months

The more I google and read up on the ford forums the more it sounds like it is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      The more I google and read up on the ford forums the more it sounds like it is normal.
      Mine does it as well during the high heat days. I remember thinking the same thing first time I heard it.

Comment

There is a good chance that when you said it didn't do it again until it sat for a while, that when driving your just not hearing it. Sometimes I can hear the clutch kicking in and sometimes I can't when driving.

Comment

My 14 f150 does the same thing. Mine is the 5.0 not the 6.2

Comment

That video appeared to be in a closed garage

Comment

I have a '14 F150 5.0. Mine does the same thing. I was told to check your antifreeze levels. I noticed if my levels are good then I don't hear it as much.

Comment

My 2014 has always done it warmer months. It's so loud when it happens that I turn my truck off in drive-thru's so people in front of me can order. Rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by Dents View Post
                  My 14 f150 does the same thing. Mine is the 5.0 not the 6.2
                  X2, my 15 does it. Easiest fix would be to get a dodge, then you don't have to worry about it making any noise after turning the key

Comment

Originally posted by txcooker10 View Post
                    I have a '14 F150 5.0. Mine does the same thing. I was told to check your antifreeze levels. I noticed if my levels are good then I don't hear it as much.
                    Good to know, thanks

Comment

I have a 2013 and was concerned when I first heard how loud the fan was and went through the same process you are and was told it was normal.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback y'all. It's not bad when your in the truck, windows up and music playing. But outside it's loud!

Comment

It’s a ford they make lots diff noises but always run lol
                          I love my 2013
                          Better than making no noise at all like GM or Dodge

Comment

My 2013 F150 did the same thing for the first time last Summer. I was concerned also since it had never done it for the first three years of owning it. It did it during the peak of the summer, but it has not done it since. Basically what I found through my research was the following response "Would you rather have a loud fan cooling down your engine, or for your truck to overheat?"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                              Thanks for the feedback y'all. It's not bad when your in the truck, windows up and music playing. But outside it's loud!
                              Oh yeah! Sounds like a freaking airplane propeller!

Comment

Working...
                              X