Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352742528.164737.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24934594Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352742540.764275.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24934595
    Friend had these hanging in the shed and finally decided to do something with them.

Very nice!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Looks good. Did you buy a kit? If so which kit did you use?

Comment

Amazing what a nice mount can do. Very nice job.

McKenzie also has more choices on ways to mount deer than deer I could ever shoot to each differently.

Whitetail deer mounts, Local taxidermist, Taxidermy forms, Taxidermy trophy room, Taxidermy wall habitat, Taxidermist, Whitetail taxidermy, Deer head mount, Whitetail deer head mounts

Comment

Those are some nice looking antlers. Good job.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Cool!

Comment

This is not a kit. It is pretty easy to do.

1. Cut 3/4" piece of plywood to desired size and shape.

2. Attach skull plate with drywall or wood screws.

3. I use plastic or cardboard stapled around wood to help hold plaster.

4. I then mix enough plaster of Paris from walmart to over fill cardboard containment. I is better to have excess plaster piled on than to try and add more later.

5. This stuff sets pretty quick. After 15 min. or so I remove cardboard and rough shape with old paring knife and wood rasp. Make sure to leave space under bases for leather to tuck under 1/8" or a little more.

6. Let it sit for few days to dry completely.

7. I then sand to shape and smooth until I have smooth where I want it.

8. I then wrap with deer skin leather from the Leather Factory. I staple it and stretch to get it smooth ( takes a little practice to get it smooth). I then cut a 5/8" wide by 8-10" piece into three strips leaving connected on one end and braid it upside down or rough out ( 1 for each side) which get wrapped around bases and stapled to back of plywood. This helps hide where leather comes together behind bases. Some people use rope for this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352856277.375912.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24140975

9. Last step is to attach hanger or plaque. I make my plaques out of a red oak 1X12.

Sorry I don't have step by step photos.
                  Last edited by WBA2000; 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Idk if my brain would allow me to not put a buck like that with a drop on a full shoulder. More self control than I! looks good though

Comment

I thought the same thing! He has bigger on the wall and a dozen or so shoulder mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
                          I thought the same thing! He has bigger on the wall and a dozen or so shoulder mounts.
                          where does he hunt?! I wanna go haha. A buck like that doesnt deserve to be a hangin in the shed set lol.

Comment

I've seen guys with bigger rattling horns than I will ever see on the hoof! To each their own I guess.

Comment

I am glad you did her justice! You did a great job with it, did you stain the antlers or did they just keep their color?

Comment

Working...
                              X