hog/deer sausage with rice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hog/deer sausage with rice?

Will be on the lease for the entire week of Thanksgiving, planning on a couple deer and as many hogs as we can drop. The end goal is to combine deer and hog with rice and make sausages. Problem is we have no idea how to do this. My guess is that we cook the rice, cook the ground up deer and hog and then combine that in the stuffer and run casings full of goodness until we're done.

Any advice? I don't have a smoker any more so we'll have to create sausages for the freezer that we can heat and eat.

Richard.

Friend of mine has gotten some sausage made at Belleville meat market that is says is amazing. It has dirty rice mixed with the deer in the casing. I do my own processing and want to make some too. I'm thinking cook the rice and mix it with uncooked meat. Then stuff. But in for others that maybe have done this already too.

Comment

Might check out mesquite sausage's reciepes, in the reciepe section here. Not sure if there's one with the rice and stuff but he has some **** good ones on here !

Comment

If you use rice as a base layer or as a side dish, use Jasmin Rice, you will thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
          Will be on the lease for the entire week of Thanksgiving, planning on a couple deer and as many hogs as we can drop. The end goal is to combine deer and hog with rice and make sausages. Problem is we have no idea how to do this. My guess is that we cook the rice, cook the ground up deer and hog and then combine that in the stuffer and run casings full of goodness until we're done.

Any advice? I don't have a smoker any more so we'll have to create sausages for the freezer that we can heat and eat.

Richard.
          Boil your deer and hog together in a big pot, and season
          Boil your rice in the water the meat cooked in
          Grind the meat with green onions
          Mix the rice and meat together and stuff
          I put gizzards in mine also with garlic

Comment

You mean boudin? Cajun Blake sells seasoning that come with instructions on how to make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
              You mean boudin? Cajun Blake sells seasoning that come with instructions on how to make it!
              Not sure if the op is taking about boudin but the stuff they make a Belleville meat market is not boudin, I asked the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                Not sure if the op is taking about boudin but the stuff they make a Belleville meat market is not boudin, I asked the same thing.
                Oh, Ok. I have never had any other sausage with rice in it than boudin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  Oh, Ok. I have never had any other sausage with rice in it than boudin.
                  Bohemians make it, and it’s not called boudin, it’s called
                  Eat-sa-neet-sa
                  Something like that, grandma use to make it

Comment

Yeah I wasn't thinking boudin specifically but that does sound like a good idea. I'll take the advice offered and hit up Cajun Blake for his seasoning.

Thanks folks!!

Richard

Comment

I just dropped off my deer at Midway (very nervous) and ordered 10lb's of deer rice sausage. Never had it before. Hope its good and hope its mine!

Comment

I’ve had some before it awesome.

Comment

[QUOTE=Leemo;13777838]Bohemians make it, and it’s not called boudin, it’s called
                          Eat-sa-neet-sa
                          Something like that, grandma use to make it[/QUOTE

Called eat tra neet sa Hog head sausage
                          Not made with rice,made with Barley,green onions,Pork trimmings and of course Hog heads

Comment

Working...
                          X